PCP Interest and secret commission - miss selling complaint help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

There has been a rash of recent adverts on social media about car finance miss-selling, overcharging of interest and secret commission. Admittedly, these all point towards no win no fee sharks, who would do anything to make a fast buck. However, I wonder if there is any mileage in pursuing something like this.

Both my wife and I have had varying PCP agreements over the past few years, namely Ford Credit, Black Horse, Oodle Finance, Moneybarn, and First Response Finance.

With Black Horse, I recently submitted a VT on my vehicle, was told it would be £1800 settlement as I had paid less than half the PCP agreement. However, upon inspection (and coupled with a recent increase in use car values), the final settlement was less than £400.

I couldn't afford to pay all this in one go, but they happily set up a payment plan for me over six months. They also happily placed a default on my account - after telling me on the phone - but without sending me the required default notice.

Any advice on how to claim for miss-selling on any PCP agreement would be really helpful, and especially help with Black Horse. I have looked around the site, but couldn't find anything - could well have looked in the wrong place.

Many thanks.

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

well the 1st port of call is an sar to each.

i've not really seen any secret commission cases succeed outside of the associated with the PPI Scandal.

what secret commission to do with what, do you think these firms levied upon you??

as for the default, as you have not reached the 50% mark, they are entitled to default you. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...