£140 charge for going £40 overdrawn!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My story:

I recently went over my overdraft by £40 for two days (my mistake I admit). I got my statement through with an £80 charge. When I rang to 'sort it out' the bank employee then told me that the actual charge was £140 becauase the charge had crossed over into their next charge period.

They agreed to reduce the charge to £55 on the condition I spoke to one of their advisors about taking out a loan, which I did. I the spent an hour on the phone answering questions.

Looking back, not only did they blackmail me into talking to one of their advisors but if I'd just paid enough back in to cover the initial £80 charge I would have gone overdrawn again because of the additional £60 charge that wasn't mentioned on the statement.

I know £55 isn't much compared to some on this forum but my bank have really annoyed me with their attitude and I want that £55 back!

Great site BTW :)

Try £210 for going 18p overdrawn. 6 direct debits went thru on the same day. This took me 18p overdrawn so the Abbey decided to bounce all 6 dd at £35 a time. I rang them up and tried to make them see that 5 out of the 6 would go thru and to bounce all 6 was simply not fair or right. They were completely inflexible. I am hoping to change banks when I have dealt with everything else and the claim will be in the region of £1100 + interest for what amouted to going no more than £1.84 overdrawn at any one time.

juli99