• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Goldfish & Lloyds SAR advise please ??

coffeebien
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help I have completed a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Goldfish and received a letter basically stating in Feb the Goldfish business passed from Lloyds TSB bank to Morgan Stanley. My acc was closed prior to this and it was not inlcuded in the Morgan Stanley portfolio and as such assume no responsibilty Under the Data Protection Act or otherwise and to contact Lloyds TSB - (address here if other ppl need it)

If Lloyds do comply who is legally respsonsibile for refunding charges ? LLoyds ?

I did see another thread about something simular but cannot find it.

thanks

Mr DAvid Bruce

Credit Risk & Customer Lending

Lloyds TSB Bank Plc

3rd Floor Victory House

Trafalgar Square

Brighton

BN1 4FY

Capital One - Claim filed 5.12.06 6QZ90559 £759.25 (15/12/06 not aknowledged yet)

MBNA - Claim filed 5.12.06 6QZ90575 £764.45 (Aknowledged 7.12.06)

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30.10.06 (County Summons issued for non compliance & Damages - 20.12.06 Penrith County Court £80.00

Goldfish (Lloyds) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30.10.06 - Dropped as Lloyds liable

RBS Visa S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30.10.06 - received and holding on as own bank

RBS Bank S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30.10.06 (recieved waiting to open new A/c 1st)

Lloyds TSB - County Summons issued for non compliance & Damages - 20.12.06 Penrith County Court £80.00

Lowell Financial Ltd - County Summons issued for non compliance & Damages - 20.12.06 Penrith County Court £80.00

Hello coffeebien.

I also had closed my account prior to the takeover and the address I wrote to was:

Customer Liasion

Goldfish

PO BOX 25201

Glasgow

G2 8YG

They acknowledged my S.A.R and said in the letter it would be concluded by 12th december. However, I AM STILL waiting. :(

This is the correct address though.:)

Good luck. I will follow your progress!:)

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Hi thanks for that still not sure though who is legally liable Goldfish or Lloyds. Goldfish politely told me to sod off and contact Lloyds.

Will still contact the information commisioners office though if they fail to comply with S.A.R after the 40 day see what they say.

Capital One - Claim filed 5.12.06 6QZ90559 £759.25 (15/12/06 not aknowledged yet)

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30.10.06 (County Summons issued for non compliance & Damages - 20.12.06 Penrith County Court £80.00

Goldfish (Lloyds) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30.10.06 - Dropped as Lloyds liable

RBS Visa S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30.10.06 - received and holding on as own bank

RBS Bank S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30.10.06 (recieved waiting to open new A/c 1st)

Lloyds TSB - County Summons issued for non compliance & Damages - 20.12.06 Penrith County Court £80.00

Lowell Financial Ltd - County Summons issued for non compliance & Damages - 20.12.06 Penrith County Court £80.00

I do not know for certain, but my instinct is that lloyds are liable, because your account was with them, was with them when it closed and they were the ones who made the charges. i imagine it would be highly unlikely for liability on a closed account to transfer to a new owner, especially when they had nothing to do with the wrongdoing.

As i said this is not definite - merely instinct.

Regards to you coffeebien

Paula

Hi again, this might be something interesting. The statement that I said showed up today,(remember though my account closed in January) dated 5th December with 10 creditedhas Lloyds on the payee slip?????

Good luck coffebien:)

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

I do not know for certain, but my instinct is that lloyds are liable, because your account was with them, was with them when it closed and they were the ones who made the charges. i imagine it would be highly unlikely for liability on a closed account to transfer to a new owner, especially when they had nothing to do with the wrongdoing.

As i said this is not definite - merely instinct.

Regards to you coffeebien

Paula

Thanks but my original account/agreement was with Goldfish and Lloyds took over from them after my account was closed. I have never has any dealings with Lloyds

Cheers

I think it sorted now Goldfish confirmed again in writing that Lloyds TSB took over Goldfish on 17/2/06.

No reply from Lloyds SAR so sought an Order to comply and damages 14/12/06 @ Glasgow Sheriff Court claiming £50.00 Damages and £39.00 costs.

As in Scotland will have to instruct a Sheriff Officer to deliver the summons one a receive it back from Court 15/12/06. This cost is also added to the Summary Cause Summons applied for today.

Wa advised that the sheriff will have to double check this has this has not been requested before the court before.

Also filed same as above for Lowell Financial Ltd & Barclaycard.

..... Interesting

Fingers crossed

I think it sorted now Goldfish confirmed again in writing that Lloyds TSB took over Goldfish on 17/2/06.

No reply from Lloyds S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) so sought an Order to comply and damages 14/12/06 @ Glasgow Sheriff Court claiming £50.00 Damages and £39.00 costs.

As in Scotland will have to instruct a Sheriff Officer to deliver the summons one a receive it back from Court 15/12/06. This cost is also added to the Summary Cause Summons applied for today.

Wa advised that the sheriff will have to double check this has this has not been requested before the court before.

Also filed same as above for Lowell Financial Ltd & Barclaycard.

..... Interesting

Fingers crossed

Any chance of you posting your statement of claim? I think it would be interesting to a lot of people. :)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Any chance of you posting your statement of claim? I think it would be interesting to a lot of people. :)

As requested but this DID NOT WORK with Glasgow Sheriff Court the Sheriff sent the claim back to me stating "not Proper" and just to seek legal help! Their admin staff did advise they have never seen a such a request and cannot recall one being presented before their court, was mine the first then...... Either way found it very frustrating and used the N1 and filed at Penrith County Court (used parents address for docs & payment as I live in Scotland) using the same statement of claim. Advised by telephone today this WAS accepted and will Summons with be served on Barclaycard, Lowell Financial and Lloyds TSB 20/12/06 for failure to comply with S.A.R and £50.00 damages total £80.00

Fingers crossed.............................

Copy of Statement of Claim (used same on N1 England sucessful! and on Summary Cause Summons - Form1 Scotland - unsucessful)

1. The Defendant is a Data Controller within the meaning of the Data Protection Act and is responsible for the processing of data of which the Claimant is a Subject.

2. The Claimant has an account XXXXXX ("the Account") with the Defendant which was purchased from Goldfish around July 2004

3. On 1/11/06 the Claimant sent a Subject Access Request, pursuant to Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to the Defendant.

4. The Defendant has failed to comply.

5. By virtue of the Defendant's failure to comply with the Subject Access Request the Claimant has suffered damage.

6. The damage caused is:

Extra costs incurred in addition to court costs, due to the Defendants failure to comply - this includes the cost of additional correspondence and time spent preparing documents and seeking legal advice, I estimate this cost to be £50.00

7. The Claimant seeks an order that the Defendant do comply with the Claimant's Subject Access Request

8. Under the terms of Section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998, where the Defendant contests that information requested under the Claimant's Subject Access Request is not included within the scope of Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Claimant requests that the Court inspects that information, and where it finds that the Defendant's opinion is unfounded, that it orders such information be included within the information supplied to the Claimant under the Subject Access Request.

9. Damages and costs within the discretion of the Court.

• 1 month later...