shoplifted old FPN - will this show on advanced CRB check?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

shoplifted 3yrs ago , paid £80 police fine & RLP £280 Civil Compo - will these show on advanced CRB check? - Retail loss Prevention/Other shoplifting allegations. - Consumer Action Group

Hi, Ive been reading your info about getting a penalty notice for shoplifting and wondered if you could help me please.

I am in a very similar situation to you, following a very out of character moment of madness. I have been given a penalty notice which I have paid and am having trouble coping with what's happened.

I don't want to leave the house but have made a commitment to help out at my daughter's school so that I can do a course to qualify as a teaching assistant.

I am due to start tomorrow and am terrified that the school will want to do a crb check on me which would be enhanced because of working with children. It is so embarrassing as I know all of the teachers at the school and would be devastated if the head found out about what has happened.

I am also thinking that I will not be able to get a job in the future because of this.

You said that your penalty notice didn't show up on your enhanced crb check. How do you know, did you see it?

Do you think you were just lucky or do you think this could happen to me?

Thank you for your time.

Hi ya,

I definitely know that it didn't show up on mine because I was sent a copy.

I was also told this by a charity who help people with criminal convictions get back to work (can't remember there name now) 😕 they can disclose it but I was told that they are not meant to as it is not a conviction.

I think they say about 2 out of 100 people have them disclosed by staff at crb office who don't realise they shouldn't disclose it or do it to be picky.

My advise, don't tell them as it's not a conviction and it's nothing that reflects to you helping out with your daughter at school xx good luck!!

Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

I feel like I am going mad. I'm so ashamed and can't even look my children in the eye. Feel like I'm a different person now and that if anyone found out I would be devastated.

I am sitting on the internet looking for a definitive answer and just can't find one and I'm going round and round in circles.

I don't understand who makes the decision whether or not to disclose the information. Does someone (in CRB office?) contact the police to ask about me and then the police officer decides whether or not to say anything, or is it on some database that the crb oiffice look at and then the crb person decides whether or not it should be disclosed? You may not know the answer to this, I realise.

I spoke to a solicitor yesterday who said to me that it will always be disclosed on an enhanced crb check, but yours was enhanced wasn't it?

I know what I did was wrong and will live with this feeling forever but feel like I am going to be looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life worrying whether it will appear.

I think the worst thing at the moment is that I have already promised to go and help every week and can't really back out now and the teachers and headteacher all know me very well. I'd be devastated if they found out. Just want to go to sleep and never wake up, want it to go away.

Your solicitor is wring.

Contact nakro they are brilliant and deal with these things all the time, give them a call to confirm ur over worrying.

Crb send a request out to ur local police force and it's up to them to disclose what they do and do not want to disclose.

Sorry if I jumbled that bit up before.

On the other hand I half heartedly told my employer about it before the check and said I excitement walked out with a magazine on the child seat of my trolley in tesco and wasn't believed it was a genuine mistake and was *just* given a fine to pay for being careless - very naughty of me but I needed the job, will never do it again and besides it was 3 years ago.

It's not like ur a smack head selling urself for money and neglecting ur children. Temptation got the better if u and u made a mistake, everyone makes mistakes! Please don't worry, I know that's slot easier said than done tho. Xx

Sorry just re read what u write. *wrong not wring and *accidentally not excitedly lol

Also yes it was an enhanced one xx

Sorry for all the typo errors I'm sending all this from my iPhone xx

Thank you so much, I'm going to ring nakro tomorrow. Very nervous about going in to school tomorrow but have to do it.

You have given me hope and I'm very grateful to you for that x

No worries. Please do ur best not to stress about it. It will be wasted stress besides u havn't even filled in the form yet! I know lying us wrong but just down scale what u tell them as they don't disclose all the details of what u stole, where and the value etc. U know it was wrong and have learnt ur lesson just like I have. Let us know how u get on with nakro tomorrow. I'm sure they'll say the same and ur not a bad mum! My ex (my daughters dad) is a copper and he agreed they shouldn't disclose, some police have convictions and work enforcing the law, go figure. None if us are perfect :) x

Indeed, none of us are perfect, but .......

Person "A" owns up to an FPN or even a caution. An FPN may or not show on the enhanced CRB, a caution will. Neither showing on a CRB check will (on their own) be an absolute bar to the post being offered.....

If Person B "scales down" what they admit to, and it comes out that they "scaled down" what they admitted to, it's harder for them to then claim "it was all in the past when I was less mature, and I'm a different person now" ........

i can assure you it will not show on enhanced crb

been there done that 35yrs in edu no issues

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I knew someone would have a comment like this on my last post and was wondering whether to type it or not when I wrote it earlier. Ur future employer doesn't know what u have done so it's up to u to tell them, the police don't go into details. I'm sure I'm not the only person to scale down what happens, besides was a £30 bottle of perfume even that big in the first place!!!

Secondly, this has no reflection on my character. It proves I want to get my single mother on benefits stamp off my head, get a decent paying job and get off handouts! I think it shows desperation to work but no doubt u know think I am some awful person. Anyhow, I'm still doing my job and 100% commit to caring for my patients and love my job. A mistake from the past is not going to ruin my future. And fpn will not show up, talk to nakro who deals with this stuff all the time and read ur fpn it states it on the ticket.

Rant over!

Hi,

Just thought i'd let you know that I've rushed home in my lunch break from helping at my daughter's school. Was in a terrible state going this morning but forced myself. I really enjoyed it and have just got through to someone (Dominic) at nacro who said it won't be disclosed on enhanced crb check and I'm to trust him on that. Said he's dealt with this a lot.

I feel like if it's true then I'm being given a second chance. He said don't disclose it to school.

Can't believe it yet, zooming back to school now for afternoon session. Thank you for your help, helped me to make myself go in this morning.

Can I really believe it? Got to go, don't want to be late......

Yes, yes, yes, do believe them :) they are so experienced in this stuff, it's what they do! Please worry no more. I did find something on the official crb website about them saying they don't disclose them but can't find the link now. Will have another look when I'm on my laptop not phone.

Glad u enjoyed ur new job today! It is secure because you can now rest assured that it will defo not show up. Fpn are like second chances with a slap on the wrist in the form of a fine. Hope I've managed to give u enough reassurance that all will be fine :) x

Hi, I can't tell you enough how much you've helped to reassure me. Wasn't even going to go into the school yesterday to help out, you really threw me a lifeline, I've been very low.

You can't believe can you that one thing can maybe ruin the rest of your life.

I'm starting to feel a little bit calmer and not feeling like i'm going to be sick all the time.

I'm glad things have worked out for you, think you're brave and also kind to make time to help me out. x

• dx100uk changed the title to shoplifted old FPN - will this show on advanced CRB check?