• Tweets

• FKofilee - thank you we got a fair deal if I am honest due to my daughters mental health issues it was better than I thought I would get because as was correctly pointed out to me as long as she is out of the toxic environment with a reference that is better than trying to prove bullying etc.    At least now we can move on.   To everyone, thank you for the comments about the reference think it was just the over protective Dad in me, I do not want any one to think ill of my daughter as her issues were caused by abusers who told her if she told me I would end up in prison not them which is something I will always feel guilty about as she suffered in silence. She knew I would have taught them that some people are capable of hitting back and may well not have stopped at simply giving them a taste of their own medicine. Unfortunately as a father of three girls I have found out the hard way I can not protect them from everything but we try to turn the page and move on.
    • Hi Dave, Hope you enjoyed the football and thanks for looking over the WS.   I have two questions:   1) Strategy - for my mum's car, considering 3 of us were insured on it before it was sold (me, mum, dad) do you think it's worth just playing the 'sue the driver not me' and evade whether she was there or not? And then say POFA wasn't fulfilled so can't be held liable at keeper. I wanted to point out in the WS they should be able to identify the driver considering they had a patrol officer and their privacy notice on their sign says:    'These images will include the recording of the vehicle number plate and may also include images of any person(s) associated with the vehicle. Images are collected for the purpose of identifying the driver or keeper responsible for any charge arising from failure to follow the contractual terms and conditions of the site.’   Obviously in practice they won't have taken images cos that would be a GDPR/privacy nightmare to store. But its their threat, so why not ask them to produce it?   Or should you think its best to to make the statement as you suggested and say they were there and keep it vague about who was driving, like the wording you used suggests?   2) Planning permission: I can't find anything in the portal, I emailed the council and they sent me a booklet about advertising and signs and asked which ones I meant. So I'll reply with pictures. But aside from hopefully the council replying saying they don't have permission - I don't know how else to prove that they didn't have planning permission.    Sorry I have so many questions - writing two WS's (even if they overlap) is a bit of an undertaking!          
    • Well Ambreen is mercifully less repetitive than Wally.  However, the "meat" of her WS comes down to the same thing.  "We put up lots & lots & lots & lots of signs and the driver walked off site".  I don't think you need two threads and I think fundamentally your two WSs can be the same based on the arguments in posts 101-105.   As you're going to state you think the attendant removed the windscreen ticket and also failed to mitigate your mistake, I'm thinking it might be worth your parents backing each other up.  They could each write a short statement saying that on that day they were with "the driver and the driver's party", that they all visited the Citygate garage together which was a matter of metres off site, and when they returned to the car there was no windscreen ticket.   Have they got any other proof of visiting the Citygate garage?  Did they phone before or make an appointment for example?    It also crossed my mind to briefly acknowledge you agree with Ambreen about the signage so that argument can be got rid of (she hasn't got much else).  Then I thought, even better, say you agree about the number of signs but that they were erected illegally and go on to the bit about planning permission.   Regarding LFI's point 48.  Not only will Ambreen not be in court (VCS's paralegals never, ever are) and therefore unavailable for cross examination, neither will the car park attendant who engaged in predatory practises.   When you have time post up a draft of your WS and we'll help to tweak where necessary.
    • No dont do that.   Just get aos/cpr done. Leave defence for now, you have 33 days as detailed above.   But dont missit!!   Dx
    • Looks good. Obviously do the reading of the stories on this sub- forum. Keep us informed and let us know if you have any queries
  • Our picks

Hubby v Nationwide!!! *** WON ***

eg2006

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the site,

:p

You've definately taken the first step into claiming back what's rightfully yours.

Spend time reading the FAQ's and the Step by Step guide as this will stop you making mistakes along the way. Use the letters and spreadsheets in the Templates Library as these have all been tried and tested in successful claims. Read as many threads as you can especially ones that relate to your bank. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

All the best in your claim!! :wink:

Useful links to help with your claim

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Interest Spreadsheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Court N1 form

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Mcol Particulars of Claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 2 weeks later...

Received letter of refusal from Nationwide yesterday. I had to open it cos hubby is getting too scared!!

Right, just to clarify, I send the LBA now?

And just to make doubly sure, I assume change this bit:

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX].

to say I am disappointed that you have failed to refund my fees

Is that ok? any help appreciated.

Thanx:rolleyes:

Yes thats absolutely fine.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well that's just retaliation. You may want to look at the Alliance and Leicester thread about a closure of account.

do you mean this one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/63646-alliance-leicester-fined-fos.html

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

no worries at least it is there for all to see now....very interesting.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats:grin:

Just a quick question if u dont mind..

When they said they were defending the claim, what did u do then? If anything.. Or did they just say that & paid up anyway?:confused:

Congrats:grin:

Just a quick question if u dont mind..

When they said they were defending the claim, what did u do then? If anything.. Or did they just say that & paid up anyway?:confused:

Hi Scotlady,

Well I think if I hadnt been on this site, I would have chickened out! But I did nothing and they paid out anyway. Just another way to try to intimidate us!:o