Help - Halifax not filed a defence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Excellent stuff! Hopefully similar will happen to me by the end of the week too!!!!

Have you rang them? this seem to be the only way to get things moving. The poor lambs must be inundated with court papers.

I think I will have to give them a call. I hvae written to them and advised that they were late serving their defence and asked for a resolution without need to file for a judgement by default. Hopefully the money will just silently appear in my account.

The bams!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

I would contact the court re getting a default judgement.

I believe that the Defendant can still submit a defence late up until the point judgement has been granted. I could be wrong though.

I had a similar problem with Abbey and they immediately submitted their defence - late - and the court accepted it.

HBOS Plc - £9,954.65 Received partial settlement - Court 6/12/06 default removal / compensation / declaration

MBNA - Settled in full £2,377.33

Abbey National - MoneyClaim filed 26/06/2006 £883.90

Lloyds TSB - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £2,630.00

Egg.com - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £1,393.60

GE Money - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £965.22

filed a request for judgent a couple of days ago. However, reading through posts on this thread, have just contacted Halifax. Apparently, they sent claim info to their legal dept 10 days before the cut off date for their defence. The cannot understand why the legal dept has not followed up on this so they will contact their legal dept and get back to me today.

will keep y'all posted

Hi,

I in same boat, I entered Judgement on Tuesday this week, I had rang Halifax twice, but they just said that it will be dealt with as normal process!! I have also sent a letter to Halifax, stating they now have until 1700hrs next week to pay up or I issue warrant! (advise from MCOL, allow them 7days) Will keep you posted.

Good luck with yours

Now I'm really confused!

Went to the court on 1/12/06 to file a judgement since Halifax was deemed to be served on 10/11/06 and had until 24/11/06 to respond.

Just got a letter from the court today stating that

'the defendant filed an acknowledgement of service on 1 NOVEMBER 2006!

The defendant responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all of the claim. The defendant has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form with particulars of claim, or of the particulars of claim, to file a defence.

The acknowlegement was filed by the solicitors acting for the defendant who have given the following name and address for service of documents ...then Halifax address'

What's this all about? How can Halifax have filed an acknowledgement of service on 1/11/06 before being served on 10/11/06.

Could this be a typo?

What do I do now?

Telephone the court, quote the claim number and ask them what is happening.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

called the court. It was a typo and should have been 1/12/06

In the mean time spoke to a 'very nice man' at Halifax who says there is no record of my claims in the Legal dept. have sent copies of both claims for his attention. have to wait until Monday now.

Will keep you posted