Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by birmanmad1

  1. I have wrote letters for refund to Halifax as described, but haven't registered the case with court as yet, what should I do now due to circumstances with stay etc? Thanks
  2. Hi, I have had same problem with Halifax. I couldn't pay in cash at desk & was told to pay in by envelope & postbox. I did at approx 2pm. I still got charged even though the money was in there on same day. .....rs!
  3. Just had a letter from the Halifax, they have now put my claim on hold due to the test case! Do I carry on with the original procedure? I have had the reply from the 1st letter giving them 14 days before the LBA. Now how do I proceed? Any advice please ..Thanks
  4. Congratulations too.......... Well worth the wait, they offered me only a fraction out of court, but I stuck with it, saw the process through, and after a long battle I did it, they lost, I won.......What a Great feeling that is!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeee....
  5. Just to let you know that I have just donated to the site, and also I have just completed the survey..... Many thanks for all the advise on here, it helped loads, I wouldn't have bothered with the claim had I not stumbled onto this site in 1st place..........THANK YOU.......
  6. After a long battle with the Halifax, I am now feeling the benefit as they have today credited my account the charges, plus interest( although their addition of interest didn't quite work out the same, but I phoned them, brought it to their attention, so now hopefully topping up the payment into my account, bless them.!!!) I did have to enter judgement (Mcol), then sent Halifax copy of print off & giving them basic 7 days to get in my account, and like magic it only took a day!!! lol......yippeee.....
  7. I'm in the MONEY.........yes the Halifax have just paid out in full, a long battle but well worth the wait. My donation will be with you shortly, many thanks for all advise received on this site, very helpful. Yipppee....... :D
  8. Update, I have now entered Judgement stage with MCOL etc, also phoned MCOL, they advised waitng 7 days before Warrant issue. I phoned Halifax, not that they sounded bothered, so sent another letter with copy of the Judgement to Halifax, stating they now have until Tuesday next week latest to pay up or a warrant will be issued.....(Fingers crossed...won't need to), I sent the letter Special delivery too...Even added the extra interest to date as requested, oh my god, they must have too much money to be bothered about the extra charges!!
  9. Hi, I in same boat, I entered Judgement on Tuesday this week, I had rang Halifax twice, but they just said that it will be dealt with as normal process!! I have also sent a letter to Halifax, stating they now have until 1700hrs next week to pay up or I issue warrant! (advise from MCOL, allow them 7days) Will keep you posted. Good luck with yours
  10. Still nothing so hopefully judgement day tomorrow....
  11. Still not heard from halifax or mcol. Tomorrow is judgement day. Fingers crossed.
  12. Hi just to update, my 28 days is up tuesday next week, i am hoping to issue judgement on tuesday if no cash received. will update again next week. fingers crossed......
  13. Hi my 28days is up on Tuesday next week, I still haven't had or heard anything, they were defending, but not heard a dicky bird since, so fingers crossed.
  14. Hi, My claim is a day behind yours, judgement day being Tuesday next week. I too haven't heard from halifax. i telephoned MCOL they told me to apply for judgement on tuesday, and I can request immediate payment (that's assuming I don't hear anything between now and then! so fingers crossed.
  15. Congratulations..............!! (They take their time don't they? ) Hopefully I might hear something soon, my MCOL went 1st Nov, they now defending full amount, so fingers crossed. Have a good Xmas!!
  16. Thanks for all the advice....It's good to know I am not the only one waiting. Will keep you posted on my progress. Cheers;)
  17. Can anyone assist with my next course of action? I have just received a letter from MCOL with the Acknowledgment of service attached, stating that the Halifax intend to defend all of my claim. What should I do now? They now have 28 days to file a defence, but has anyone else had this recently happen to them? Many thanks all help much appreciated.:o
  18. Hi all, Another update to my claim. Received Acknowledgment of service today from MCOL, the Halifax are intending to defend all of my claim!! (signed A O'Brien, (RAH)). Head of legal services, Defendants solicitors. Ok, so here we go, fight on......28 days to go.........!!!!!!!! Will keep you posted....
  19. Hi all, just to let you know that I had a letter back from Halifax today acknowledging my copy of charges and interest claimed as on MCOL claim. The Halifax said that,' whilst they regret this course of action (court) that I must take, they confirmed the Halifax will assist wherever possible!!!!'. I haven't heard anything else from MCOL etc, so still waiting. Not sure how long I waiting for, but guess by 20th this month. Any advice much appreciated.
  20. Hi all, Just to update all on my progress so far. I have sent the Halifax the LBA, waited the 14 days, had no reply from them. (letter was sent recorded, and was deemed delivered). I have now started my claim with MCOL (1st November 2006), due to be served on the 6th Nov. the Halifax now have till the 20th to reply.......(Here we go, here we go....!!!) Thanks for all the advice on this site, so helpfulllllllllllllll.............!!!! cheers ;-)
  21. Many thanks for your help.. I am now concerned that in my last letter to Halifax (sent prior to joining this web site forum etc ) I mentioned that I wanted all fees repaid plus interest at 8%.....Think I may of messed up.....not sure what to do now????
  22. Help>>>> I have just noticed that on a particular thread it mentions that if you send the bank a letter before you have given them time to pay up ( and are not claiming contractual interest ), demanding the statutory interest of 8% APR they will know that you don't know what you are doing and this will more than likely end up with you NOT getting your money back...... So, Now I confussed again... I allowed bank time to pay, they offered me a goodwill gesture (which I wrote again & declined), & in the same letter I explained I wanted a full refund of chages + interest at 8%.....(oh No...does this mean I messed up????? )
  • Create New...