I aint happy with Woolworths

shanusascarabus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now then this is probably an open and shut case but its really annoyed me nevertheless.... basically I ordered some dr who figures on-line to be delivered to our local store...the on-line price was 29.99 and the shop price is 39.99, now these were ordered and paid for back in October so that we got them in plenty of time for christmas...we got a delivery date of 7th November but it never turned up so I sent a e-mail asking if there was a problem, I got a reply saying not up to now but give it a few days....I did this and still nothing so I mailed them again on about 25th Nov...now a few days later I got a e-mail saying that they must have been lost in transit and they were not getting anymore so therefore they had refunded my card. I sent another mail to say I didnt want the refund but would be willing to wait for more stock but I just got a funny mail back saying that I was advised they would not be getting any more stock and the matter was closed. CanI not demand the items from them or am i just kinda stuck with there decision.

Cheers folks

Shane

Well, good customer relations and service don't go hand in hand! I think they could have handled this better, but if they've not got the goods, they'd be screamed at for holding onto your money until they arrive in stock (which is what you want them to do), compared with doing the rigfht thing, and once identifying they're not getting a strock allocation, giving your money back immediately.

I appreciate that you'd rather save the £10 and suspect its all a ploy to save money since htey've identified a pricing anomaly, but unless you work there, you'll never know for sure! Looks as though you'll just have to take the refund and hope the item makes it to the sale goods clearance line for a better bargain!

Extremely annoying though I realise it is for you, I think Woolies have acted in a quite responsible way in refunding your card. They could have done as so many do and hold on to your money until you shout loudly enough for it back. I guess that, in some ways, it makes a refreshing change!

Incidentally, just diversifying slightly, I'd love to know where all the goods 'lost in transit' by retailers end up; there must be a very big store full of them somewhere!!! I’d like to bet there's some good bargains to be had if anyone could ever find it!!!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Cheers folks, thats what I thought...in an annoying way they have done the right thing.... however I cant wait to see how long it takes for the " full price " figures to hit the shelves again.... I bet theres no problem with stock once the price rises.... thanks for your replies guys

i used to work for them, they are useless. they rarely have the right stock, they just sell it anyway online or through instore ordering so it looks like the company is doing well, in reality they are going out of business and are not interested in new stock, they are basically try to sell off everything in the warehouses. if this xmas is bad they won't be here next year.

in my eyes thats a woo hoo! try the entertainer, or toys r us or amazon online