james vs Lloyds

james_lillystone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

firstly big thank you for all the information avaliable on this website (it has become a bit of an overload today mind!)

i am now currently at the stage of sending off my letter demanding settlement

i have used the templates to detail my charges (http://www.lillystone.co.uk/bank/letter2.htm)

and to create the demand letter (http://www.lillystone.co.uk/bank/letter1.htm)

i have sent the letter to lloyds head office via registered

is there anything else i need to do at this moment in time?

thanks in advance

valid point about the personal details, *removed*

so far i have sent a letter asking them to detail charges levied against me in the last 6 years, after recieving those this is my second letter to them, i will await a reply before progressing to court proceedings

• 2 weeks later...

ok so almost 14 days since i sent the letter, i have had a generic letter back from lloyds stating that they will address my complaint within 2 weeks from a kerry parfitt (customer services recovery)

should i be waiting for them to reply to my letter properly or have i given them enough warnings to start court procedure? apologies if this seems a stupid question i would like to optimise my chances for success as much as poss! :)

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the advanced one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large may not amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. Section 69 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before moneyclaim

right, the claim has been issued by the court now (can only be good i guess) but it says the bank has 14 days with which to reply, the issue is that would put it at the 28th Dec.. now do i count the Christmas period into the 14 days or would it just be safer to wait till jan 2nd before i continue?

i have finally got a generic reply from Lloyds (http://www.lillystone.co.uk/bank/letter.gif),

it states that these are not penalty charges but are infact fee's of service, as a result they will not be refunding these 'service charges' back to me.

now is it worth me replying to this letter stating my intentions of pursuing this in the courts or do you think it is wiser not to?

am thinking a short letter saying that "i do not agree with the use of the term 'service charge' and unless they want this to go to the courts then to refund these charges asap" might be in order but being the nervous one i am unsure as to where to go with this..

• 3 weeks later...

stupid question, i notice the link to the n149 form in pdf format.. can i just fill that in on the computer and print it to submit to the court or do i need to use the proper document provided in the defence pack?

had a good read of the other thread, from my understanding i now need to do the following

a) fill in the AQ form including reason as to why this should be done as a fast claims track

b) attach draft order for directions to AQ

c) send both off with £100 for my claim (it being £2500ish)

d) wait for the judges decision then send off the 4 sections to my draft order to both the court and the defendent..

e) wait for court date and cross fingers?

anything missed? ty in advance

just a quick amendment, here is a copy of my text i have used for the "other information" section of the AQ

I have attached a draft order of directions which I hope you will consider when allocating this case, I believe this case will last no longer then an hour in your court as the claim is a matter of fact and not of law.

The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

again, have i missed anything and is this sufficient:)

a) fill in the AQ form including reason as to why this should be done as a fast claims track

No just the opposite, your asking for small claims track, but with Standard Disclosure (normal only for fast and multi-track)

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

b) attach draft order for directions to AQ

c) send both off with £100 for my claim (it being £2500ish)

d) wait for the judges decision then send off the 4 sections to my draft order to both the court and the defendent..

e) wait for court date and cross fingers?

Spot on

i notice the link to the n149 form in pdf format.. can i just fill that in on the computer and print it to submit to the court
Yes, but don't send it until you get the defence and Aq from the court.

thank you for your advice, one more thing i forgot to mention was the payment part, what is the best practice for this? post a cheque in with the form or visit the court and pay over the counter?

i am not sure why i put a) down, been a long day but i didnt do that, only bit i put in on the AQ was the "matter of fact and not law" section of my previous post.