• Tweets

• Now that is an interesting article which adds afew perspective that I hadn't thought significant - but on reflection of the perspectives offered ... Now Starmer is no Blair, however 'blairite he may be perceived, but the Tories aren't tories and aren't even remotely liberal   The fast 'unannounced and unexpected election call from sunack may well be explained by the opinion linked that he hoped reform would be unprepared and effectively call a chunk of Farages largely empty bluster - making him look even more of a prat, leave scope for attacks on shabby reform candidates and mimimise core vote losses to reform - while throwing the 'middle ground' (relative) tories TO THE DOGS - and with the added bonus of likely pacifying his missu' desire to jogg off to sunny cal tout suite somewhat   thumb in the air - I expect about 140ish tory seats, but can hope for under a hundred Reform - got to admit the outside possibility of 1, maybe 2 seats with about 8% of the vote - but unlikely. I think projections of over 10% of the vote for reform is nudged and paid for speculation - but possible with the expected massive drives from Russian, Chinese and far right social media bot and troll prods targeting the gullible.
    • Commentary June 2024 WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK Interesting article about just how bad it could be for the Tories.  Also Tories could be hoping on Reform not having candidates in many seats, as they were not ready.  
    • Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
    • when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh dear me the bad person has now got into even more trouble and been pilloried yet again and sent into detention by the headmaster and headmistress for making jokes and for the use of harsh language which have been censored.And all since my last visit.He is certainly a rebel but with a cause.The metaphorical cross references to film and popular music are both a welcome and uplifting relief with a motivational force on what would otherwise be a site of relentless doom and gloom due wholly to its unfortunate subject matter not of course due to.its unfortunate participants diven here by desperation and rank injustice. I always find humour the best medicine and I can assure you this sites longevity and popularity is in many ways subconciously due to this,the participant count trebles when the bad person is on line because people secretly enjoy the unexpected and controversy and like to be shocked even though some profess outrage.To illustrate my theory I would ask what is the audience figure for Question Time as compared to Eastenders because this,is a real life soap opera,.The bad person has also made an outstanding contribution and for that reason alone I am championing his cause along with his friend Ryde,whose reference to the Hollies classic and Henry V I found most apt, I also enjoyed the jokes about Rooster Cogburn its such a pity the bad persons innocent film skit which I have by email was censored as it was quite harmless.

henry_v_bloody_bran.jpg

The bad person in the role of Lord Cagger unbeaten and unbowed.

"He'll be back."

Yes Please! If you dont mind

will do so later on this evening as tied up at the moment.will be interesting to see what they say re. what account you should pay into.

ANW

You must be on the ball to pick up those references ,you are right I am an advocate of free speech especially on this site where emotions run high but do you know being a non swearer myself I can't bear people who deliberately try and get round the fecking swear filter,can you?

Agree with your post re PWC and am now of the mind that this lot could be up for sale,what do you think.

Great picture of henry 5 looks to me like LC at the end of a normal saturday evening though.

..feck Ferris, save ITBG?!

ryde, get the petition going kid..

Makaveli

KwA

save ITBG??

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

I have now had a reply to my query to Capstone about why is it that the mortgage is with SPPL and the paying-in book they gave me credits the monthly payments to SPML.

They say that the beneficial interest in my loan has been transferred to Eurosail-UK 2007-4BL PLC. Eurosail own a large number of both loans belonging to SPPL and to SPML. They say that as a rule they do not issue paying in books in the name of SPPL which is why I have one in the name of SPML. The monies are transferred on a daily basis to Eurosail's account.

Re letter to Capstone about where mortgage monies to be paid. The above quote was the reply I got from Capstone about my mortgage which is from SPPL but I pay the money in on a paying in book to SPML. I wrote to ask them if this was a mistake. I would guess that you would get a very similar answer.

From previous posts I cannot see how this has validity.I agree fully with super that the only entity that can give a valid receipt for your payment is the entity with whom you have signed a contract ie sppl so the payment can only be made out to sppl who are the only ones who can give a valid receipt .Think carefully about this and apply it to an everyday contratural situation.You pay your gas bill to british gas and get a receipt from british gas as proof of payment,are you getting proof of payment directly from sppl?You have no contratural agreement with eurosail.

From previous posts I cannot see how this has validity.I agree fully with super that the only entity that can give a valid receipt for your payment is the entity with whom you have signed a contract ie sppl so the payment can only be made out to sppl who are the only ones who can give a valid receipt .Think carefully about this and apply it to an everyday contratural situation.You pay your gas bill to british gas and get a receipt from british gas as proof of payment,are you getting proof of payment directly from sppl?You have no contratural agreement with eurosail.

I don't know enough about the law to comment on the validity or otherwise of the payments. AllI can say is that I am not brave enough to put my family at risk by not making any payments until I get a valid receipt from SPPL, and I wouldn't advise anyone else to withhold payment either. Perhaps your worry, Ryde is that SPPL willat somepoint try to claimthat they have not received my mortgage payment, but with the letters I have from Capstone explaining why I should pay SPML and the paying-in book they issued to me I would think that they would not get very far with that arguement.

Would you advise a different course of action?

Ask yourself this question sppl are on a strike out proposal with CH if this is executed who is your mortgage with?

I would write and ask them exactly the same questions I have just asked you.ie.Your mortgage contract was signed solely with sppl and no one else and as a result of this you wish to pay them and receive a receipt for your payment from them.If sppl have sold your mortgage you require details of to whom and when in writing.

see supers posts 4953 and 4954.

Edited by ryde

Ryde

I understand what it is you are trying to do, but the difficulties are:

- As they say in their letter, Eurosail own the loan

and

- The agreement we signed allows them to transfer the loan as they see fit.

So as they say that the money is correctly applied to my SPPL account, there is very little to be done about it.

Edited by eagleforms
typo

Eurosail only own the equitable title the power to sue and repo is still with sppl on paper as they own the legal title to your property according to the land registry whatever sham has been perpetrated with the spv.

You know what capstone are like re missed payments etc and manufactured charges and arrears

I would ask them exactly what I have said it won't do any harm and ensure religiously that you get a receipt at the very least from capstone signed on behalf of sppl for every payment,how can they refuse to do this?

You could of course ask to see capstones written authority from sppl.!Which is what we'd all like to see.

Edited by ryde

I had an interesting conversation last week with the person who has been appointed the adjudicator about a complaint that I have made about another loan company. I brought up the question of charges and he said that it was not their job to look at charges and I then mentioned the GMAC case and he said he was aware of it but it was to do with the FSA,not the FOS. So, not much point complaining to the FOS about charges then.

No point complaning to the FSA either because they will just tell you that they don't deal with individual cases and they are quite aware of the SPPL case but won't comment.

The OFT have had their case thrown out by the court so are less than interested at the moment.

It would seem that the only way to make the case heard about their grossly inflated charges is to take them to court to try to get the court to agree get them repaid. But this has to be done individually and without legal representation, I don't think that a lay person will get anywhere.

We know that the courts have no time for arguments concerning the companies act and CH are going their own sweet way, despite having had complaints about SPPL's lack of accounts and lack of directors. I would think that whether or not their auditors have written their opinion on headed note paper or on the back of an envelope would be of little interest to them.

So, is this the reason why this thread has been going round and round for so long without a concrete solution having been found?

..ryde, i would'nt bother, some people just live as victims..pass the salt.

Makaveli

KwA

Edited by I'm the bad guy?

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Think you have been misinformed or you have misinterpreted this somewhere.

FSA punished gmac because they were regulated by them and they were ordered to repay unwarranted arrears directly to the borrower.

The FOS deals with individual cases on a case by case basis and you will find numerous people on this thread who have had success with them.

If you look through the thread there is also a successful court action against spml re. charges by a LIP.they backed down.

..feck Ferris, save ITBG?!

ryde, get the petition going kid..

Makaveli

KwA

save ITBG??

Without wishing to appear smug I am relieved that my original assessment has been justified,the swear box is full,the shackles broken and the bad person aka "wonderboy" is back as forecast to wreak havoc yet again as in his infamous quote

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds".

Who will be his next victim? [/url]

I am as aware as you are about GMAC, but did this come about as a complaint from an individual.

I am hoping to get success with the FOS, but not on the question of charges after what the Adjudicator told me. If, however, anyone on this thread has had success with them over charges, then I will certainly go back to them to question the adjudicator's position regarding them.

I also know of the court action to which you are refering and that was quite a coup, but you also know from the many postings on this thread about the high handed way individuals have been treated by numerous judges, so I personally would not like to try it without good legal representation (unless,of course, ITBG would like to represent me, I'm sure the judiciary would be highly fecking impressed).

Yes, I am a victim, just as you are ITBG, if you weren't you would not be so active on this thread. So what practical measures would you propose, instead of posting your little missive for the 30th time?

• Haha 1

..victim? now let me think. no, never..everything you need to defend yourself in court is in this thread.

with your attitude, you've already lost. If you bought a car from SEAT, why would you pay VW? or British gas, suicidal if SPPL/LMC go into bankruptcy.

..for the record, those who won Gold: Dangermouse;IS IT ME?;ITBG?

believe you me, I could leave now, but I said would help to the last because peeps helped me. So will continue to post, and if people follow through, you have a chance of winning too. For obvious reasons, I cannot be explicit.

Makaveli

KwA

For christsakes don't post any more LC's black book is already nearly full.

11/4 million pound house yet according to accounts has never been remunerated.Must have been one of their repos.

Edited by Rooster-UK

Dear me, the same old same old ITBG. True toform, someone disagrees with you and the insults fly.

Tell me, please. What happens when we "take the feckers down"? Our mortgages don't magically disappear, someone takes them over and as Capstone say that Eurosail own them anyway, it will be the same again. Same over the top charges, same aggressive repros. Isn't what we really want is for them to play by the rules so there is no danger of their charges putting us in the position of being in arrears so they can take our houses?

If I am wrong, please put me right (without the insults, please).

Lord Cagger as named by the elderly gent suetonius who was once his friend according to some sources otherwise known as ITBG and lately it would seem wonderboy,the person in fact with the most names on cagworld.