Help, Help, Help, Help

RussellRoberts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to be so dramatic :confused:

I got a letter on saturday from DG Solicitors that spooked me a little (for little read LOT) bit.

I am claiming on a business account, I have filled in my allocation questionnaire, the bank had to get theirs in by the 24th, on the 25th I received this letter:

"We are dissapointed not to have received the courtesy of a response and will bring this matter to the attention of the courts given our clear attempt to resolve this matter without further intervention of the courts." etc etc.....

On the same day I received this letter:

"We refer to our letter of even date and more particularly our letter dated the 19th October 2006. We note that you have not respnded to us in relation to this letter and we invite you to do so. (I replied to the first with the usual no thanks I'll have the lot, but not the second)

"In the event the content of our afforementioned letter was not clear, we wish to confirm that the money tranfer charges are specifically excluded from this type of claim. Money transfer fees are applied to your account in accordance its terms and conditions governing your account and which represent a fee for a service undertaken by our client at your request.

For this reason, we repeat our cients without predjudice offer of settlement in the sum of 2,287.40 which we consider represents a true reflection of the charges applied, together with interest and court fee. At this juncture, we wish to reiterate that HSBC is entirely confident that its charges are reasonable, are properly and fully disclosed in its terms and conditions, and that it would successfully resist any challenge in the courts in relation to them.

If you accept this proposdal etc......."

My little purple starfish is pumping and much as I need the 2,287.40, I also feel I should go all the way for a thousand pounds more. so the questions are:

Deal or no deal?????????

When I opened a business account, did I aggree to cetain charges? ( if not, why are they taking this far?)

Any feedback would be fantastic, Thankyou

Russell

Business Account Statements rec'd 8/07/06

request for repayment sent r/d 16/07/06 £2723.04

LBA sent 12/08/06 No Joy

Moneyclaim issued £3291.15 31/08/2006

HSBC Personal account £695.11 Settled in full:D :D

Russelroberts,

This is indeed very interesting!

Can you tell me which charges you claimed for?

So they are saying bank transfers are 'fees for services' - this sounds right to me. I presume the bank transfers were seperatley listed and charged for on your statement?

Which charges are they not disputing (the 2287.40)? and how were they worded on your statement?

Hiya

Thanks for the response, I am claiming for total charges, and the interest, nothing else, exactly as i did for my personal account, which was settled very soon after the LBA, however this whole claim has taken a very different tackmwith it being a business account and seems to be on slightly more uncertain ground (judging by the non-existant feedback I have had in response to my concerns). It appears that I am liable for certain charges on a business contract. This would have been nice to know a while ago, but my experience may be of benefit to others in the future. I'm gonna bite the bullet:o x

Business Account Statements rec'd 8/07/06

request for repayment sent r/d 16/07/06 £2723.04

LBA sent 12/08/06 No Joy

Moneyclaim issued £3291.15 31/08/2006

HSBC Personal account £695.11 Settled in full:D :D

I know exactly how you feel russell,

There seems to be some uncertaintity over HSBC business a/c because the wording - "Total charges" seems to imply the charges are unlawful (as they are on your personal a/c).

I think I've only seen about hlaf a dozen business a/c's threads so us lot could be the trail blazers!

Going back to your letter for a moment -

"In the event the content of our afforementioned letter was not clear, we wish to confirm that the money tranfer charges are specifically excluded from this type of claim.

So the charge for this service was just lumped into 'total charges' ? is that what they mean?

All of my charges (Bank transfers, etc) were clearly itemised on my statements...the only mystery is those damned 'total charges'

I've included these links to some other threads a guy called bong put me on to I've also included my own thread because I asked exactly the same questions. They are all HSBC business a/c but none are as yet settled. I'm looking for clarification on the total charges myself and have asked for the info under sar so we'll see what they've got to say for themselves in 40 days ;)

LINK1

LINK2

LINK3