Complaining to the ICO if an SAR doesn’t provide info you have requested

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they have failed to comply with a SAR within 30 Calendar Days including what you have requested and they have failed to give you a valid reason for not providing said documentation.

Then IMO yes complain to the ICO that they have failed to comply within time limit and given no reason for there failure to provide XXXXXXX Documentation.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi stu007, thanks for  your advice.

By the way, I have heard of/read about people who have received  bank statements  going back to the early 90s via a SAR (and sometimes with the help of the ICO) I.e especially with the big banks such as RBS, Lloyds, HSBC, Barclays etc.

Do you think by complaining to the ICO, the banks will take me more seriously and therefore “dig” a little deeper for the information I require.

In my case, I would like bank statements from early 90s onwards, and still awaiting a response. 

• 2 months later...

Should I write to the company who complied with my recent SAR request but have withheld some 

I recently reveived documents from a SAR request that is missing the vital information from 2013 and 2014 early part of 2015 from the notes/activity section on their system.

It appears in July 2015 the information started on a new account as it states "balance transferred from Act 6" they have provided some copy documents and emails from the missing yrs but not all of them and have also sent different versions to ones originally sent to me (strange). 

The notes they log on to the system automatically-

time stamps

date

time

then they input what action or note

user name automatically is logged (I would presume)

the data I have received should in theory be in chronological order if im correct in presuming as its the data file created from the stored info on the hard drive of their computer system, however the data sent is erratic and skips to one year then back to another.  

I do know the reasons they are reluctant to send the missing info and have more than likely removed some from the notes etc thats why its not in date order, but what they have sent does in fact give me proof of their participation in a fraudulent act but I need the missing data .

They have already shown that there are previous years notes etc as have sent me some copy emails from that period.

What can I do to make them comply?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• dx100uk changed the title to Complaining to the ICO if an SAR doesn’t provide info you have requested

might be best to post this on your relevant thread rather than randomly on a thread that's several months old that poss only 2 people will ever see it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...