Lu v Nationwide

Lu1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yeah they have sent a letter saying the sum credited etc.

I have checked on moneyclaim online and it says the status of claim is defend, I have never received anything through the post saying they are going to defend - but the date they have put as defence is the date it was acknowledged - is this right???

Should I get a court date through soon - I'm scared!!

If I do a letter accepting this as partial payment do I send this to H.O address??:confused:

Hi Lu1, exactly the same thing has happened to my sister as I have been doing all the online stuff for her. Nationwide were £200 short so I sent the letter accepting the offer but demanding the rest. Today they have put in a defence even though I only set the letter on Saturday. The defence has a date of 22nd December. I'll keep you posted on whatever information she receives. Don't worry, I think they are just trying to pull a fast one.

Hi

Today I have received my 'Notice of defence that amount claimed has been paid' even though they haven't paid in full.

I have to tick a box wishing to proceed with the claim or not. I want the rest of MY money but worried now that this is going to get to court.

Is this letter standard practice???

When I send this back do I also send a letter to Nationwide accepting this as partial payment but saying I am continuing for the full amount??? Is there a template for this???

Any help greatly appreciated

x

Thanks Garu

I think they are just trying to pull a fast one and scare me off - am a bit worried now but hey it will take more than this trick from Mr bacon to scare me off!

Is anyone else at this stage????

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Well I rceieved my allocation questionnaire at weekend so it has to be submitted by the 20th Feb, bit annoying that I have to pay another £100 when I really can't afford but it will be worthwhile.

Am a bit scared at this stage and keep hoping that they will pay up quickly, but I am sure they are just trying to scare me off claiming back the extra £900 that is RIGHTFULLY mine!!!

Seeing as they have already paid up a large amount of the charges surely this shows that they are guilty???

Has anyone actually had to appear in court yet???

I decided to give nationwide a call before filling in my allocation questionnaire to see why they had paid my claim short £900, I really didn't expect them to do anything but a really nice, helpful lady looked into my claim and came back saying they had made a mistake and not printred off 6 months worth of charges, so they would send me a cheque for the remainder of my claim!!!

I'll wait and see when it arrives and for how much the cheque is for before getting too excited but it was well worth a phone call!!