Wish me luck!

Tanjawi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just been into the HSBC, Halifax and Abbey National to get copy statements printed, all three were asking questions as to why i wanted the information (to which I repied "none of your business, im asking for it because im entitled to it!!")

The abbey national tried to charge me £4 for each statement printed (going back 6 years!!) to which i told him that they can only charge £10 in total (the manager went red and levied all chrges for the copy statements)!!

Then he advised it will take 6-8 weeks to get the copies off of microfiche (to which i reminded him of the data protection 40 day rule) he went red again lol

Im starting to enjoy making the banks squrim instead of the other way round!!

Im also getting the distinct impression that staff have been briefed on this, which is why i got all the questions thrown at me by all three branches...

:confused::p:D

HSBC Bank - settled

HSBC Credit card - settled

Halifax Bank - Settled

Halifax Credit Card - settled

NatWest Credit card - settled

Barclays Bank - settled

:)

:D I received a letter from Mr A Pretty today. Offering me £815 out of the £915 claimed. Just not to confuse those who have followed this thread, my claim actually increased between the prem letter and the letter before action due to some charges in my account hence the change from £744.53 to £915.28. In any case I am much happier with this offer and I guess I'll accept it to give my account a breather!!! It is much needed. I also walked into my branch two days ago and had a £100 charge reversed. Courtesy of the manager so I guess that's what makes me turn a blind eye to the £100 that A Pretty is not including.

One question though - If I sign and accept the proposal does it mean I will never be able to claim back unlawful charges from HSBC in the future??

Finally to you All and this wonderful site I can't thank you enough. A donation will be on its way.

Lookout for my Barclays thread.

absolutely not, the law is the law, regardless, of how many times it is broken

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to tell all those fighting against HSBC that they should consider opening another account. I've just received a letter from a certain Mr. Colin Langdale stating:

"Pursuant to clause 12.4 in our terms and conditions, we hereby give you 30 days notice that we will be closing your account numbered xxxxxxxx on (date) and that you should please make alternative arrangements for your banking needs"

"Despite not being willing to extend banking facilities beyond the above date, we wish you well in your endeavours." Very professional indeed. It should say "We will miss sucking all that money out of you with all the charges!!"

So the love affair is over... so over. I've got another bank account where to transfer my banking needs but for those who haven't I suggest you get it sorted.

Laters!

Barclays - claiming £1082 - prem letter sent 3/5/06.

HSBC - claiming £744 - £320 offered 2/5/06. No gracias!

Luckily i closed my HSBC account in Feb before starting action !!

Im looking out for this for other accounts though.

By the way im taking Halifax for £1300 in charges, however I have a credit card and a loan with them, do you think they might threaten to call in these two debts???

HSBC Bank - settled

HSBC Credit card - settled

Halifax Bank - Settled

Halifax Credit Card - settled

NatWest Credit card - settled

Barclays Bank - settled

:)

I don't think they'll ask you to repay everything in one go. U'll just have to carry on with your repayments religiously but don't expect them to be lenient or loan you more cash in the future.

Luckily i closed my HSBC account in Feb before starting action !!

Im looking out for this for other accounts though.

By the way im taking Halifax for £1300 in charges, however I have a credit card and a loan with them, do you think they might threaten to call in these two debts???

nope they cant do this as it would be a breach of contract on their part

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks