Ticket and think speeding sent to old address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have an issue where I have just found out I have a council parking ticket sent to my old address.

I thought I had updated log book with DVLA via the phone. 

Last year I changed my licence but didn’t know had to do log book separately, I therefore didn’t get the tax renewaI letter

called DVLA and explained I had no reminder and they said log book at old address.

I was on holiday and they allowed me to tax car on the phone without log book details etc. (I obviously gave them my address as the same as my licence at this point on the phone)

I’m sure I sent in paperwork to change log book after this but I’m not 100% as I was suffering with depression anxiety and forgot a lot of stuff due to medication. 

I think I may have a speeding fine too as as I thought I got flashed a while ago but presumed ok when no letter came. 

Any advice appreciated 

Thanks x

It is the speeding matter which will cause you the most trouble.

If you have been "flashed" a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) and a request for you to provide driver's details will be sent to your old address. If you fail to respond to the request  you will be prosecuted for failure to do so. A conviction for that offence carries a hefty fine, six points and an endorsement code that will see your insurance costs go through the roof for the next five years.

You need to either get access to the post at your old address or contact the police in the area you believe you were flashed. How long ago do you believe you were flashed? 

• Like 1