• Tweets

• Why don't you actually READ the sellers advert before talking tosh. The seller's advert offers an optional  12 months breakdown warranty cover,  warranties generally do not cover anything related to wear and tear and especially everything on an old banger will be excluded.  OP should have studied the terms of any such warranty before purchasing it, if he did purchase it.     Also, the sellers advert at NO point states the car has NO faults. READ the sellers advert before jumping to huge conclusions. 
    • The BBC isn't a private company and it's this kind of misinformation that encourages people to avoid the license fee.
    • How did you purchase the goods? (instore or online)   How did you pay for the goods? (cash or card and which card method if paid by card i.e. debt card etc.)        
    • Thanks for the reply which makes the case more simple.   As the young gym member was under 18 when she joined, she was a minor and the gym or their admin Co. cannot enforce any contract or agreement with her.   She can reply to any demand from the gym saying :-   " I was a minor at the time of signing the membership and cannot be held to any contract terms associated with such a membership agreement. Accordingly no further demands should be made and this should be the end of the matter. Yours faithfully, YD"   Send this to the gym's address by letter and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO Counter.   Keep us posted please
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies

Hi

Can I ask how parent bankruptcy affects children's bank accounts?

When kids accounts are set up parents have to authorise them.  These accounts are linked to the parents' accounts.  So if the parents bank accounts are frozen - does this mean the kids accounts are frozen too?  

If the kids are working/ earning their own money and have savings accounts too - what happens?

How is it best to protect/ ring-fence the kids accounts?

If a kid then turns 18y is there a link/ association with the parent bankrupt?  Or are they treated completely separate?

it is usual for the account to be held in trust so it can be managed by the adult but doesnt belong to them. When the child reaches a certain age  ( well before they are 18- it could be 11 to 16) they are deemed to be old enough to manage their own account and can insist that they are allowed to do so, even if the parent/trustee doesnt want to hand over the authority. this is because it is their money, not the parents. For that reason the accounts cannot be seized to pay the debts of the parents.

there is no association between any related individuals or people living at the same address.

If the bank tries to freeze someone else's accout because of your debt they wil be in big trouble but it will be the child who has to make the complaint or at least someone on their behalf if they aret old enough. that in itself will cause the bank problems because it adds a layer of costs to any action.

Thank you.

Are there any good recommendations on teen accounts - especially best interest on a savings account - or are they all as bad as each other at the moment??!!

You could look at junior ISAs depending on the ages of the children. There are online comparison sites that help you find the best rates.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum