me and welcome

Voda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have just spoken to the FOS and have logged my complaint regarding the Acceptance Fee. They gave me a Reference Number.

I also said that I have done everything asked by WF ( sending them a CCCS form detailing my Income and Expenditure details ) but they refuse to reply in writing regarding my request of "Freezing Interest and other Charges" while I am paying them the lesser amount each month.

FOS said that WF must reply to me in writing, if requested, so that is another complaint that I have logged against them.

I am doing everything by the book as you can see.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe it.......:mad:

I have just received a letter from WF and from a totally different individual to the person that I have been dealing with previously.

"We have been trying to contact you with regard to the above account.

Please telephone this office at your earliest convenience".

I totally refuse to call them and be subjected to verbal abuse or otherwise.

Until these &*^%$£"%'s reply to me in writing as requested by me many times before, I will continue to ignore them.

I expect that I will be charged for this letter.

Interesting, I have just worked out how long it will take me to repay my loan to Welcome Finance providing that they agree to freeze all interest and other charges.

32 Years unless I win the lottery in the meantime.

I intend to be around then but somehow I doubt that WF will be ....:D

I can't believe it.......:mad:

I have just received a letter from WF and from a totally different individual to the person that I have been dealing with previously.

"We have been trying to contact you with regard to the above account.

Please telephone this office at your earliest convenience".

I totally refuse to call them and be subjected to verbal abuse or otherwise.

Until these &*^%$£"%'s reply to me in writing as requested by me many times before, I will continue to ignore them.

I expect that I will be charged for this letter.

Hi Voda

This what they did to me, basically they apparently deceided to ignore my complaint and just put me back on the standard collections path....these wee letters then voicemails then chap chap at the door - he went away with a flea in his ear I can tell you!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi Dipply 75,

I am going to call their Complaints Dept in a moment and give them hell.

Take care

Hi Voda

This what they did to me, basically they apparently deceided to ignore my complaint and just put me back on the standard collections path....these wee letters then voicemails then chap chap at the door - he went away with a flea in his ear I can tell you!

Just called their Head Office and they are going to get the original branch to call me.

This will be FUN.

Back in February I complained to CRC Complaints Dept about the person who ignored my letters and they did nothing.

I expect that this person has probably left the company anyway.

But it just goes to prove how hopeless WF is at administration.

Aha....

Just received a phone call from the local branch's Collections Dept at Welcome Finance and firstly they wanted me to sign a new agreement at a lower rate of interest with slightly lower monthly repayments.

The person was very polite.

I said that I cannot afford this and you should know that from the Income & Expenditure plan prepared by CCCS on my behalf.

He said that I don't have that and I said you should.

I told him that your company is totally useless at administration.

I said where do we go from here then in terms of freezing all my interest and other charges.

He said that Welcome Finance will freeze all interest and other charges if I contact CCCS and enter into a Debt Management Plan.

I said that I am quite happy to do that.

We shall see what happens next.

Hi Dipply did you see I got a response to me 'go sod yourself' letter about their unenforcable agreement?

That quick? Was it just the standard 'we're looking into it' response? (you know the one where we cannot think what the hell to reply with, so ignore you and hope go away :p)

I think you are starting to enjoy this voda ;)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi Dipply75.

Well in a way I am enjoying this but also feel saddened that WF finds itself " So Special " that it has to force me into a DMP. My other Creditors have accepted my Income & Expenditure details and are not forcing me down this road.

Having said that I am not in any particular hurry to enter into one with CCCS at WF's command as I may well be dealing with someone else sooner rather than later judging by all the news wonderfully detailed on here.

I am so glad that I joined this forum and my thanks to all of you who have helped me and others on here....:cool:

Have a nice day .....:)

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow - Friday 13th !!!!

That quick? Was it just the standard 'we're looking into it' response? (you know the one where we cannot think what the hell to reply with, so ignore you and hope go away :p)

I think you are starting to enjoy this voda ;)

Edited by Voda

Hi Andie,

Tell you what I will do.

I will attach a foto of my original agreement and my recent statement from them, if I may, and can you have a look at it and tell me what you think.

Back soon.

Thanks

Voda - if your agreement fee has interest on it why are you paying anything? put them into dispute and tell them to eff off!!! :D

Hi Andie,

Thanks.

Nope, I don't have a Statement of Price.:confused:

Voda - absolutely look at it for you - do you have a statement of price showing monthly breakdowns?

Hi Andie,

Here is the original agreement with the Total Amount of Credit = £7039.63 and my recent Personal Loan Statement which gives the Amount of Credit Provided which includes the £75 Acceptance Fee = £7114.63

What do you think?

Hi Andie,

Thanks.

Nope, I don't have a Statement of Price.:confused:

DSC08253.jpg

DSC08254.jpg

Edited by Voda

Hi Andie,

Here is the original agreement with the Total Amount of Credit = £7039.63 and my recent Personal Loan Statement which gives the Amount of Credit Provided which includes the £75 Acceptance Fee = £7114.63

What do you think?

don't even have to wait for the images to be approved then - if the £75 has been totaled in with the amount of credit provided you are being charged interest - hold on get you the letter....2 tics

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to you with regard to the above account. In reading the documents your company has provided I have come across what I believe and can prove to be a breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 hence rendering the above account unenforceable.

I have discovered from your companies recent statement that whilst my agreement shows an acceptance fee of £75 that is calculated into the overall loan total your company has failed to disclose on this document that the £75 has had an interest rate applied. This contravenes s.61 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and has been proved in court through Wilson V First County Trust.

As this was not accepted on the original agreement and consequently I will be referring this matter to the Financial Ombudsmen Service as I deem this to be a direct attempt to mislead the customer.

Therefore as this account is now unenforceable I will be cancelling my future direct debits to your company with immediate effect and request a refund of all payments made to your company before this date.

As this account is now in dispute you may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment. You may not add further interest or charges to the above account nor are you to pass this account to a third party.

Lastly you may not register any information in respect of this account with a credit reference agency nor are you allowed to issue a default with regards to this account.

If my request is not complied with within 28 days I will have no further option to file this matter in the courts.

I expect a swift response to this matter

Yours Faithfully

Hi Andie,

Many thanks

Should I sent this letter to Welcome Finance or wait till whoever takes them over, if any, and send it to them telling them that my agreement is effectively worthless !!

PS. The bloke that I spoke today I mentioned this to, and he said some baloney about my signing the agreement and being responsible to keep to the terms of that agreement.

This I accept and understand but they have not kept to their end.

I appreciate that the interest that I am paying on £75 is minimal to the total amount that I borrowed but it's the principle of the matter, I feel.

don't even have to wait for the images to be approved then - if the £75 has been totaled in with the amount of credit provided you are being charged interest - hold on get you the letter....2 tics
Edited by Voda
PS

PS. The bloke that I spoke today I mentioned this to, and he said some baloney about my signing the agreement and being responsible to keep to the terms of that agreement.

This I accept and understand but they have not kept to their end.

I appreciate that the interest that I am paying on £75 is minimal to the total amount that I borrowed but it's the principle of the matter, I feel.

Well you tell that bloke if your conscience ever overcomes you and decides it wants some moral guidance you'll get it to call him :p

The thing is the interest on the agreement fee MAY be minimal but the interest on the whole loan and charges etc is NOT!

and if they were up front and honest in stead of blatantly decieving customers about what they are doing in order to defraud the taxman (and therefore every UK tax payer!!), we would have no grounds to do this.

My conscience is clear - how about yours Welcome Compliance???

Hi Felixfly & everyone else.

I didn't have PPI on my Personal Loan but I am sure that I had it on the car.

I also need to check this.

Mind you if Welcome Finance do get investigated by various Government Departments and the Police, I will just be one of their many customers that will have the old agreements investigated, for sure.

No, i remember being really firm about having no PPI included. However the car loan it paid off may have so i have asked for all the info regarding this.

London Scottish Bank is a very different case as it has customers with deposits.

So it was in the Government's interest to save it.

See: http://www.london-scottish.com/

Cattles (as far as I know) is purely a lender.

Quote; "James Hamilton, an analyst at Numis, said: "Something has happened to wipe hundreds of millions off the profit and loss account through no trading period at all.

"Why is the market value still £11m? It is worth zero. There is not an institutional buyer of this share at any price."

Mr Hamilton said the shares were probably being bought by individual investors hoping for a revival of the stock.

(This is the bit I really like...)

"Cattles now runs the risk of being crippled by bad debts if its best collection agents leave and customers, who already have bad credit records, are left with no incentive to repay".

In January Cattles' shares fell sharply after the company failed in its attempt to win a banking licence to replace expensive bank funding with retail deposits.

Cattles' problems follow the near-collapse of London Scottish Bank, a rival sub-prime lender, in December.

Hi Andie,

The attachments of my agreement and latest statement have not been approved yet.

Can I PM you with the attachments ( if that works?)

Nitey nite

Hi Andie,

What do you think?