• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PCM windscreen PCN - residential parking Capstan Drive RM13 (NTD and NTK on 35 day)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DO NoT APPEAL, better to let them waste their time and money and also they then wont know what you are thinking. They are not above changing their story as to waht you have supposedly doen wrong and one parking co even reissued a ticket after the event to fit in with the appeal rather than just admitting they got it wrong.

I would bet that the signage makes their claim of a breach nonsense anyway as permit parking conditions only appl;y to those with permits and are prohibitive for anyone else so no offer of terms.

Also you say local authority estate- I do not believe that the LA has givent hese bandits a contract, more likely it is someone at the housing management co that have accepted the free golf holiday and them coincidentally signed these people up but that doesnt automatically create an agency with the landowner.

In short, I do not believe they ahve a ghost of a chance of winning this so let them waste their time and money chasing you until the very last moment and them hit back so they will get clobbered for unreasonable conduct of they do take it to court

Edited by honeybee13
Spacing and typos

Not ignore but just dont bother with their processes because they are mere kangaroo courts rather than an independent appeals process.

By not appealing you actually place yourself in a better position for several reasons so keep all of the paperwork safe until someone send a proper lba or PAP letter.

Edited by dx100uk
spell/space

• 1 month later...

so why does your friend think that they would change their minds? They are not honest brokers, it is their business model to screw people for money and they have no legitimate reason to charge anyone.

As for their appeal content, that is hardly going to scare them and thier response is a stock answer so has ignored the appeal com-pletely basically they are treating him with contempt so please point this out so he realises why we say dont bother most of the time

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

a general observation, women like to try and reach a settlement or compromise with as little conflict as possible. This will always be a disadvantage when it comes to matters such as this, a black and white attitude is needed and always believe you are in the right until undeniably proven that isnt the case.

We see a lot of thread where people think that the parking co will be reasonable, honest and want to see the matter ended. Nothing is further from the truth. Anyone watch Manhunt on ITV about Levi Bellfield? What was his employment? ( for those who didnt watch he worked for a parking co as a clamper) Nuff said.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

that is why we say ignore the kangaroo court that is the IAS.

try and persuade your friend that the more they try and resolve this the more the parking co just see them as a mug who can be fleeced as long as they put enough pressure on.

You know the form from the other thread here.

Being IPC members they are more likely to try their luck at court becuse Will and John supposedly do a sort of no win no fee deal that ISNT the same as Champerty and Maintenance cos that is illegal and the parking world's greatest solicitors have no need of risking their reputation by doing anything unlawful, untruthful or immoral.

I also belive they are available for panto next season.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 3 weeks later...

the sooner you stop them from corresponding at all with these bandits the better as she will only drop herself in it by ciontinuing to try and sort this out when they aret interested in the truth, fairness or anything else other than her money.

Respond to this and they will just change the next letter, keep quiet and they are stuffed when it comes to the next move.

Sometimes though people are their own worst enemies becuase when they dotn understand somehting they think that no-one else does either so wont take advice. be prepared to walk away from this if she wont see sense.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

just to add another little pointer, it is against te DCA's code of Practice to threaten things like knackerimg your credit or bankruptcy as a menas of pressuring you to pay up. They know this but as no=-one is going to chuck them in prison for it they will carry on regardless.

Let them earn their £15 sending out taradiddles ans ignore all of them, thye ahve no powers to do anything ar all despite some of their more ludicrous claims when you do play letter tennis with them.

the other thing you should ask yourself is whne did you sign a credit agreeemtn with these bandits that allows them to add unicorn food tax to the original bill? they are not bailiffs so cnat add a bean to the debt but again they rely on your ignoance to make you think they have some powers they dont.

Edited by ericsbrother
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like it that they say that the letter is their final demand. That means they got paid to write just one letter.

Also ask her indoors' friend when she signed a credit agreement with Trace as without one they cant lawfully add their unicorn food tax as they are currently writing to the keeper of the vehicle.

I reiterate, honesty isnt somehting these bandits are familiar with

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would bet that there isnt a Martin Williams employed there as litigation manager, they just use a random name and take it turns to pretend to be him for the day. Have you played the game "simple Simon says"? just their version of it.

as always the letter doesnt actually say anything and as for it being their legal dept and the use of the scales of justice- you could report them to the MoJ or SRA for pretending to be solicitors/somehow connected to the courts.

they will then squeal that they didnt say simple simon says so it doesnt count.

• Like 1

bit like a well known firm of bailiffs putting badges on their vans and wearing the chequered hi vis strips that the police wear and dont get done but some random bloke wearing a yellow vest whist digging his front garden does because some speeding motorist though he was armed with a radar gun.

In short it doesnt matter what the law says if no-one enforces it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

prepaid envelope? Stuff one of the pizza menus in it and send it back, the people opening the letters might be hungry.

I extremis you can sellotape the envelope to a brick and post it back. I sent a paving slab to Renatherm because they had already taken delivery of 2 bricks and still insisetd on sending out rubbish

It is unlikely to eb associated with the bandits at Trace though.

• Like 1