• Tweets

• I had some contact with this company earlier in my working life but I'm afraid there's not a lot I can suggest that you haven't already done. During your grandfather's time  British Celanese was a subsidiary of Courtaulds. Courtaulds was subsequently (after your grandfather had stopped working there) acquired by Alzo Nobel. They in turn closed down the Spondon site and sold it. I have no idea what the number is that you are trying to call. It's a Derby (Spondon) area code but the number appears not to be allocated. From my slim knowledge of the history of the company I would have expected your grandfather's pension to be in the Alzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme.  But Willis Tower Watson are the Pension Scheme Administrator of that scheme and would be the people who should know if your grandfather had contributed. Is your grandfather certain he contributed? Joining pension schemes wasn't compulsory in those days. Or might he have got his contributions returned when he left them? That happened sometimes back then. Sorry not to be of more help.      
    • I am sorry I am not aware of this report from IAS assessors? The Court will consider my application at a online hearing in June. The Court instructed me to send Bank copies of my sons condition proving he could not have been the driver I have heard nothing further. My son is not aware of any proceedings I have not involved him to avoid causing him distress, he has been sectioned a fair few times and I need to avoid this happening.
    • I am very pleased that the Court has taken the decision to allow you to  represent your son and hope that he is happy enough with that to relieve the stress he will also be feeling. I do agree that Bank parking are so insensitive, greedy, horrible etc etc to continue proceedings considering  in what it is a very minor case of a wrong number plate . Even their  own  IAS Assessors, who are normally hopelessly biased in favour of their members, went out on a limb and said  " The Operator's evidence shows no payment for the Appellant's vehicle, or anything similar. It does show two payments for the same registration in quick succession. I would take a reasonable guess, based on the circumstances described, that the person paying has paid for the registration of the person they assisted again." That is damning evidence and you must take that report with you as well as including that in your Witness Statement which we will help you with. I would expect that Bank would discontinue the case at that point.  But I am sorry to say  that you should not count on it.  
    • Evening all,   I have deliberated over this offer for two weeks and I have decided to take their offer. I do understand that some may prefer us to go to court and receive a judgement but with our personal circumstances and my current military commitment that could become an issue. I am so grateful for all the help and support you have all offered me over the last few months. I will continue to monitor this site and push all those that are being wrong to get in touch.   Thank you! what you all do is truly amazing!
    • When I first responded to the PAPLOC, and received that 29 page junk back it was accompanied with a letter saying that they had already responded to my request back on Feb 18th 2023,(I never received it). I was just clearing out some paperwork today and found a letter from Lowell, dated Feb 17th 2023, explaining that they were still waiting for the documents from PayPal, and my account was on hold  until further notice.  Does this mean they were lying and can it be used against them if this goes any further? I have now filed my defence, and have had an acknowledgement from Overdales and the court. A little threatening from Overdales , explaining that part of my defence was invalid because they have now complied with the CCA, and they were still waiting for the Default notice from PayPal.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

West v Lloyds ***WON***

weststreet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well said sweet i,ll second that(love your quote by the way)

yes bit daunting weststreet,but b***y great once armed with info.not been this fired up for years,also the virtual handholding thats forthcoming from this site is inspiring

WATCH THIS SPACE EH ! good luck to all keep posting

lizzie x:):)

Dont get mad :-x get even :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya how you all progressing,any news ?

Bet you had same bog off of letter as o/h.we may take your debit card cheque card blah blah blah an if you dont like it bugger off type o thing..From Jean Campbell of the services recovery dept.Birmingham ???my o/h worried till i showed him loads of others on this site and that he was not being singled out

If you have not got it yet it wont be long :p

9 Days an counting for o/h !! then off to court

Lizzie:)

I'm filling in the moneyclaim particulars. Using the library guide notes. After I do the narrative in the particulars, it says lay out your calculation. When I tried saying total is 1.7k ( xxx 03/06/05 xxx 04/07/05 etc ) i.e I gave each charge and date to total the 1.7k I am claiming - I ran out of space. I was also timed out lol. I can't attach a spreadsheet to this claim ? if I can how ? But if I can't how do I spell out the detail of the charges totalling 1.7k without running out of space ??

Many Thanks

You can't, is the simple answer.

You need to use the template from the library, and keep it simple, i.e. the charges from 'A' to 'B' which amount to X.

If you then want you can print off a detailed copy of you charges and post it to them, as long as they have it within the 14 days, it shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry Lueeza.

You can tell I'm getting a bit stressed by this !

I was on holiday last week but got the second 'get lost' letter during last week. So it's on to filing the moneyclaim claim. Between catching up on work and filling in the moneyclaim particulars, I'm wibbling like crazy :)

Lizzie

Just saw what you wrote. Well Lloyds can't threaten O/H with anything because he closed his account with them last year ( think they were glad to see the back of him ). And if I don't do this for him - it doesn't get done ! I think his 'financial' gene got missed off at birth, anything to do with money and he just glazes over. Prime fodder for a bank lol.

Guest Lueeze

thats okay, you'll be fine, try not to fret too much!

We are here to help!

Lou xxx

Well finially got the Moneyclaim submitted. I was stuck for ages within the number of words but too many lines - not realizing what was wrong and why the thing wouldn't submit. Anyway - done now.

Quick question. Because I was only able to say total charges £xx between date and date, and total interest £xx, do I need to get O/H to write to Lloyds enclosing the spreadsheet itemising the charges and interest calculation ?

Thanks

Hiya West

Just back from taking my sons an my own"give it back or ill sue"letter i did not put break down wiyh them nor did i include this in my o/h one realy dont think you need worry...unless we both now up swanny of course :lol:

Have seen answer to this somewhere Cant find it now:(But if i remember you dont need to break it down for the bank just for the court.(not even sure you have to for them realy either court will tell you for sure)Do remember solicitors aking for break down when pretending to defend a claim.Hope some one more possitive than me comes along soon..

And yes west my o/h and both sons gene bypass in the finance dept..and the ironing,cooking,cleaning,shopping,etc.etc.:p

Hope this helps

Lizzie :)

• Confused 1

Help !!

Just looked at our claim online ( which has been accepted ) now.

It's showing ' Northampton County Court ' ?????

I deliberately used the '48 Chiswell Street. London' address for Lloyds as defendents cos we, the plaintiffs live in London, and I knew if we went to Court it would have to be in London for us.

Why have they allocated Northampton ? and can we get it changed ?

Thanks

Guest Lueeze

Dont worry if you have to go to court it will be moved to the one nearest you!

Thats the standard one everyone gets allocated to 1st.

Lou xxxx

Mine also said Northampton, so I called money claim, and they said if it goes to court it will allocated to court near you, so don't worry!

• Confused 1

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

Got a couple of questions, if anyone has got any thoughts ?

First : I just had a look at the list of charges starting 02/01/02. DPA request was dated 31/03/06. Because this is for O/H I didn't have a handle on this account. Lloyds never provided statements - just a list of 'view statement entries' ie charges and 'customer notes'. I used these for the Court Action. Now I've just looked at the 'customer notes' and these go back to 1998, so either there were no charges on the account 31/03/00 - 02/01/02 or I haven't been given all the information and the moneyclaim amount is wrong. Do you think I should get O/H to write to Lloyds asking for statements for this 'missing' period or their confirmation there were no charges during this time ?

Second : This seems to be taking forever. Moneyclaim filed 15/05/06. Defence advised 16/06/06. Allocation questionnaire filing date 05/07/06. Since then nothing. I got O/H to ring Court about 2 weeks back to get an update and they told him the judge would be allocating court dates that week and he'd hear in a couple of weeks ! This is the Central London County Court if that makes a difference. Is this length of time normal ??

Thanks

Got a couple of questions, if anyone has got any thoughts ?

First : I just had a look at the list of charges starting 02/01/02. Data Protection Act request was dated 31/03/06. Because this is for O/H I didn't have a handle on this account. Lloyds never provided statements - just a list of 'view statement entries' ie charges and 'customer notes'. I used these for the Court Action. Now I've just looked at the 'customer notes' and these go back to 1998, so either there were no charges on the account 31/03/00 - 02/01/02 or I haven't been given all the information and the moneyclaim amount is wrong. Do you think I should get O/H to write to Lloyds asking for statements for this 'missing' period or their confirmation there were no charges during this time ?

Second : This seems to be taking forever. Moneyclaim filed 15/05/06. Defence advised 16/06/06. Allocation questionnaire filing date 05/07/06. Since then nothing. I got O/H to ring Court about 2 weeks back to get an update and they told him the judge would be allocating court dates that week and he'd hear in a couple of weeks ! This is the Central London County Court if that makes a difference. Is this length of time normal ??

Thanks

Threads merged again , can you please keep to your original thread when updating or asking questions this is for your own benefit as people will be able to answer your queries if they can immediatly look back at your thread and see what has happened to date .

As for not providing statements , if you used our template letter then you never asked for them but a list of transactions , that you recieved .If you look on the internet banking then you can see if the missing dates had any charges .If they did then let us know and we will advise you further

As for the court , then you know it's in the system so yes it's just a waiting game now .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

thanks mjanet

I used the template letter and so, agreed, didn't ask for statements. To be honest I just don't believe there were no charges in that almost two year period. This Lloyds account was closed last year so no internet access. Not really sure what to do about it ?

• 2 months later...

Well. reallu really nervous now

We're in Court this Friday. Have heard absolutely nothing from Lloyds ...... deadly silence.

So maybe O/H is the guinea pig. Gawd, I hope not.

Surely Lloyds wouldn't leave it this late to settle if they weren't intending to go all the way.

Please give me some hope people ....

Hi weststreet. I'll bring your situation to the attention of the Mods, and see if we can get you some detailed help. Have you begun preparing your case and reading up the documents, things like the Court Bundle over in the Bank Templates Library?

Edit: What adamski says is probably correct, however don't go haring in unprepared!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

thanks adamski & reload

I've started the preparation but will have to really do some heavy duty time on it tomorrow. Feel totally unprepared and out of my league. This is O/H's action but I've driven it. Can I speak/represent him in Court ? He's gone along with this because I've done all the work and will be in Court ie prepared to do his bit, but he'd admit he'll be useless at speaking up.

Could it be that SCM are too slow responding ? We've been given a very quick date by Court. The Court initially screwed up the date ie they notified us on 17/08 that case was to be heard on 09/08. Then 'lost' the case. So this is a two week window ie court 2 weeks after notification.

I'm scared to death ...........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks