Dappa Vs Lloyds TSB

Dappa44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well those nice people at Lloyds have now charged me over £900 in charges since i started this claim. Looks like as soon as its settled i'll be doing the same account again. Beyond a joke !!!

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you get to the stage when you negociate settlement with their solicitors (which you will) then make sure that any charges they have taken since you started your claim are added on. if they refuse, then let it go to court. They will pay up.

If the collections department call again advise them that the account is in pispute and that you cannot discuss matters with them until the claim is settled.

• Confused 1

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Cheers m8, i will do.

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

Word of caution - If you are offered a full, unconditional settlement for the amount that you claimed for, you have to accept it. You can try to negotiate the recent charges into your settlement, but they would be under no obligation to do this. MJ, for some reason, were seemingly more inclined to agree to this than SC&M, who on most occasions refuse. Your options are; a) contact the court and amend the amount of your claim to include the recent charges, which will carry a fee of £35, or b) ensure you don't agree to the 'no future claims' condition when this one is settled, and start the process again.

• Confused 2

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thx Gary, I think i'll wait until they pay up, then start proceedings again on the same account for the extra charges. BUT making sure i cross out the relevant conditions ;)

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

That would be fine. Like I said, by all means try to get the recent charges added with this settlement, but don't count on it. Make them aware that you will start new proceedings if the whole lot is'nt settled.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing, i rang the CC for an update and they said i will receive a court date this week for around November.

Still waiting patiently for the letter from SC and M to settle though ;)

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update ::::::

Ive just had a phone call from TSB Collections centre and i thought i'd turn the tables. Someone posted this in another thread and i laughed my ass off.

TSB "Hi im calling to ask for payment to your account regarding your overdraft"

Dappa "Ohh great when are you paying it in"

TSB "im sorry, can you repeat that"

Dappa " Ohh great when are you paying it in"

TSB "are you in some knid of dispute with TSB?"

Dappa " you guessed it" "are you gonna pay me then?"

TSB "im sorry all i phoned for was to tell you that your account will be passed onto a debt collecting agency if it is not brought back to its limit within 90 days, and this is day 58"

Dappa "Ohh im sorry i wasnt aware it was at 58 days, you could have told me sooner mind!!" "And are you aware that you have just threatened to close my account whilst im going through a court dispute"

TSB "ermm, ermm, ummhh, i think what ive said is within our legal boundaries"

Dappa "ok thats alright then, so would you please say it again when i record the conversation"

TSB "ohh, ermm, im not allowed to agree to a conversation being recorded"

Dappa "listen mate im making the required payment on the 20th, so the overdraft will be within its limits"

TSB "thank you, i have removed the last charge of £48.50 because of the hassle today for you"

Dappa "Thank You, theres just another £4000 you need to pay to put my account back to normal mate"

TSB "I'll let head office sort that out"

End of Conversation:::::::::

Just thought i'd turn the tables on the swines for a change, the cheek of them phoning me for £160 when they owe me £4000.

Anyway they took off £48.50 so i should be grateful ehh ;) not !!!

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

Finally a court date is here 5th DECEMBER, well suppose its gonna make a nice xmas pressie, paying off all the debt. 2 months time and i'll be laughing.

Do i have to send my spreadsheet to the court now then, along with evidence that i will be bringing with me if it gets that far?

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

5th of December seems a long time away, I've started a case and currently waiting for the defence and AQ, but if I then have to wait another 5 month I'll be gutted. Anyway good luck

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/24662-chris-against-lloyds-tsb.html

Prelim sent via email: 18/08/2006, rep 22/08/06

LBA sent via email: 31/08/2006, rep 04/09/06

Claim started 15/09/2006

Finally a court date is here 5th DECEMBER, well suppose its gonna make a nice xmas pressie, paying off all the debt. 2 months time and i'll be laughing.

Hi Dappa

Think youself lucky you even got a court date! Many cases are being stayed at the moment, mine is untill 1st March next year. :mad:

Do i have to send my spreadsheet to the court now then, along with evidence that i will be bringing with me if it gets that far?

Not unless the court has asked you to. If you have'nt already you will get directions soon telling you what you need to provide. Even if you have'nt received any directions yet, its still a good idea to start rounding up you evidance. I have'nt had a look at it yet, but I've noticed Bookwoom has put together a 'court bundle' which will tell you what sort of things you need to include as your evidance - McNamara interview, relevant cases, etc. You'll find it in the templates library.

Excellent stuff m8, thx for that.

Why the hell is yours stayed until march???? Thats a bit harsh to say the least!!

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. Its stayed in anticipation of the test cases that are due to be heard in the mercentile court early next year. I doubt they'll even get to court though, the banks will most likely do what they always do and settle. I've got a hearing to try to get the stay removed on October the 19th, so fingers crossed I won't have to wait till March anyway. I'll update my thread with the details tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for you mate ;)

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Claiming back = £3913.65

Time up on 13th July.

Court Date 5th December

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks