Samantha vs Nationwide: Claim Commenced

illonavamp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Early days yet. I banked with Nationwide for six years and never, ever, went overdrawn or had anything bounced, then sue to unforseen circumstances early 2005 everything went awry. to cut a long story short they owe me almost two grand. I could have gotten my statements online but they only go back to August 2005, so I've sent the S.A.R. letter with my tenner.

Wish me luck! will post back periodically as I'm sure they'll squirm.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh p.s. I got the standard 'sorry you're not happy, our charges are transparent' letter.

I am fully expecting the account to be closed here.

I already have another account with Halifax (who I am also claiming against actually !!) so should I open another account just in case or just hope that Halifax don't close my accounts too?

Funny.

I got a cocky letter from them last week saying something along the lines of:

we're sorry you obviously didn't receive our last letter which said we're not paying, here's a copy of it and p.s. we're not paying, did you read that part?

To Nationwide: Yes. Twice in fact. And curiously that didn't stop me hitting "submit" button at moneyclaim. Toodle pip chaps, see you at the bank.

:razz::D

• 1 month later...

I have a question.

I issued my claim with moneyclaim.org on the 11th Jan, Nationwide registered their intention to file a defence straight away. They THEN placed the outstanding cash back into my account on the 24th and filed a defence shortly afterwards saying "we've already paid this"

I'm just wondering how I get my court costs back now and whether I should close the claim or what? :confused:

And p.s. I'm so HAPPY I got to this stage, thank you everyone for all your help and support!

Your court costs should have been paid back to you - if not get on the phone to NW and point this out to them - they are a bit thick - ask willowb

If you are happy that your claim is settled (after you have your costs back) then you can let the court know.

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Actually I've just done the math and was going through my post today to find a letter from nationwide to quote. Seems they have paid my costs but not the full amount:

"I'm now able to confirm that we've refunded #1063.76 in charges and cancelled 0.18 in pending charges on your account. we've also credited 120.00 to your account to cover your costs and further 95.21 to cover any lost interest. Please be aware that the amount we have credit to your account is less that the amount you requested on your claim. We have thoroughly investigated and calculated all the charges that have been applied to your account in the past 6 years, which may include deducting any previous refunds you have had to arrive at this figure."

The amount I claimed was #1384.65

Should I hold out for the full amount? Respond to defence saying they haven't paid it all?

Does the claim/court action stay open until I do something?

Appreciate any help anyone can give me, I would like it ALL back.. dont see why I shouldn't :p