• Tweets

• Reprimand issued to Birmingham Children’s Trust Community Interest company in respect of Article 5(1)(f) and 32(1)(b) and 2. A child protection plan containing inappropriate personal data, in the form of criminal allegations against a child, was sent to the family the plan was produced for. Although the care plan itself was authorised for the family to view, the criminal allegations were not relevant to the plan, or authorised for the family’s view. The investigation highlighted that appropriate technical and organisational measures were not in place at the time of the breach.View the full article
    • Does anyone know what legal term I need to use to say they have to send a deferral form?
    • Just had another look through but I can't locate anything like that. They did, in a previous letter, reference my call in June 2021 but I cannot see this referenced in what they have sent. Worth requesting this specifically do you think? 
    • I see the poops (how appropriate) after 14 years of massively deteriorated monitoring and quality, are designating sewage polluted rivers as 'bathing water sites', presumably hoping that the high magic of designating them 'bathing water sites' and trusting the water companies who have pored poo in thewater for profit - will at least monitor it better if not stop polluting after the magic ritual. Undoubtedly this feeble effort has nothing to do with a GE pending after 14 years of abuse eh?   Four wild swimming spots along the River Dart in Devon that suffer from high levels of sewage pollution have been designated by the Government as “bathing water sites“.   River Dart given 'bathing' status after swimmers desert it over sewage concerns INEWS.CO.UK Bathing water sites welcome their new designation - but warn much work is needed to ensure pollution levels are reduced   A poop Overlord was alleged to have been heard mutter - well if we win the election, we dont care what any monitors say and we'll just bury the results, and if labour win its their problem.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Platform Mortgage - Awaiting eviction date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They shouldn't take action while they are considering your proposal.

I don't think they have to involve the solicitors until they get to the stage of asking for a warrant, but it is the solicitor who does that.

You said in your first post that they have not been keen to accept your payment. Have they actually taken it though, and if so what arrears figure have they given to you?

Given who the lender is and that it is a second mortgage, I would be very surprised if the arrears balance does not include quite a lot of charges. Do you have a breakdown of what are arrears and what are charges?

Theoretically you should get a letter from them threatening eviction if you don't pay the arrears in full by a certain date - have you had that?

5 working days from today is next Thursday, they should write to you to advise if your offer is refused - if it is, they would most probably give you a date by which to pay the arrears or they will apply for an eviction warrant, so time wise I think you should be ok. However you should telephone them next Thursday to find out what's happening, then if they have refused your offer - provided you can get on the internet - come back here and we can advise further.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you ,

last letter I had was wanting bank statement so they could see if proposal was affordable to us ,

shall I call them tomorrow and tell them I'm away

Rocco 17

- cheque has been cashed and they confirm arrears today at 2600 ,

no I dont have breakdown of charges etc ,

should I ask for one ?

How many months payments have you missed? do they add up to the arrears figure they quoted - 2600?

Did you send a bank statement? you should really send a budget sheet instead, you don't want them seeing what you spend your money on.

Probably not a good idea to tell them you're going abroad - if they think you can afford a holiday they might not be very co-operative.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I doubt very much that the eviction would be as quick as that - they can't do anything while they are considering your offer of payment and they would have to inform you if it is refused. Just wait till next Thursday and ring them then let us know what they say. No point in ringing Kensington before the 5 days are up - they always take ages to decide on an offer.

Yes. Will be interesting to hear their answer. They don't like handing over details of arrears and charges and tend to try to charge you for this information (by cheque, in advance!). They prefer to just take the full amount including the charges, divide it by the monthly payment amount and then claim that you are x number of months in arrears (a much higher number than the actual number of payments you have missed). Sounds worse that way.

Basically the point is that you have already made a significant payment to them. That money should have paid off actual arrears, not just charges, so it could be that they are now threatening to repossess based largely on just their own charges.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the charges can just be ignored (although some can be challenged) but if you do have to take this to court it could be useful information to have

Well spent most the night panicking , why do I leave things until the last minute .

When I spoke to them yesterday I had faxed my bank statements through a week ago but they lady said no one had referred it .

I have read so many bad reports about Kensington ,

I am going to write for a breakdown of the charges but don't want this to jepodise my offer , or could I ask for charges I be taken off arrears ?

If you know how many payments you have missed you should be able to work out if it is less than the amount of arrears they are saying you owe - if that is the case then it is likely they have added arrears charges into the figure.

I called Kensington today and queried time scales of eviction ,

the lady was quite nice and said that if they reject my offer we can always retry again ,

the account would then go to sols and we would get letter for possesion at which point we would get 14 days ,

as they haven't sent to the solicitor yet I am presuming we will be ok until we get back and I can sort it

I'm sure nothing will happen while you are away :) try and relax and deal with it when you come back, we'll still be here to help you.

If you read the Repossession successes forum you will see that there are many others who were in a much worse situation and kept their homes. You just need to be strong and don't let lenders like Kensington railroad you. Always stick to your gins and never offer to pay more than you can reasonably afford.

I'm certain it won't happen while you're away - try and relax and we'll deal with it when you're back :)

In the opening post,

the OP states that there is a suspended possession order

- yet the arrears were paid off in full (just re-read and the arrears were part paid).

Can he/she clarify whether there is a suspended possession order on the property?

If there is,

then the timescales can be much reduced from those that have been quoted in the thread,

e.g. a warrant of execution for an SPO is a paper exercise and can be completed in five minutes

- thereafter it is only a matter of the bailiffs finding an appropriate date/time slot for the eviction,

which could be 7 days.

I don't want to panic the OP,

but whether or not there is an SPO and how busy their local bailiffs are will be pertinent to whether or not they have time to go on holiday.

Lea you were right

I ran back and they issued a letter that gives you 7 days to try and arrange , if not they then contact court to evict so could be quick

- I get paid on 17th so can pay £800 then ,

a family friend has said they will give me the rest on monday

- only problem is I don't know where to say I got money from

cause they were really awkward about my mams money ,

any suggestions if I say wages will they want to see prove ?

Just shows platform just took money and asked no questions

Any suggestions ? X

I they've said it will take 5 days to get a decision on your offer, then that takes you to next Thursday - if they were to apply for a warrant after that there's only a slight chance it would arrive in your second week away. I still think you would still have time to defend it when you get back. You should call them next Thurs to see what the decision is and then post on here, if they decline your offer then we can work on defending any action so it's ready for when you get back.

Wherever you got the money from is not really their concern, as long as the money is a gift, it doesn't give the person who gave it to you an interest in the property and you do not have to pay it back, which could obviously in theory affect your ability to keep up payments to the lender.

You say they were awkward about your mum's money, but ultimately they took it. They can't refuse to take a payment.

They have an automated telephone payment facility, could you ring that number and pay the arrears by debit card (they don't take credit cards)