Vodaphone default - What are they playing at???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping for a little help.

Have a default on my file with vodafone which was paid, I have sent them a CCA request and they say they will not remove the default as they are not regulated by the CCA which I now learn to be true.

However, after 3 (very polite phone calls) from Vodaphone, I have now recieved a letter from them this morning (quite a long one) basically saying that because I cannot prove I have apid them, they are unable to remove the default. However, as a 'gesture of good will', they are willing to credit my account with them (I thought the account was closed however) with the full 'outstanding' amount and mark the default as 'satisfied'!

So what are they playing at? If they basically say I haven't got a leg to stand on because I cannot prove payment, then why are they 'as a gesture of good will', willing to wipe the debt?

I need to phone them (so they say) to let them know of my decision of their offer but am unsure whether to accept or not. They obviously see I have some form of case or they would have just told me to go away! Should I bother to contact them or simply send them a S.10 notice?

Sorry if this is garbled, any help would be very much appreciated!

Stuart