Jacamo fraudulent account but Lowell taking court action

emmaf01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A dear friend is trying to fight legal action from this catalogue company via Lowell's even though she never opened the account and goods were delivered to a different address. She informed the catalogue company approximately two years ago when she first received a letter about the account.

After that she heard nothing til a couple of months ago with a letter from Lowell's. Being inexperienced and knowing this was not her account she rang them and explained the account was fraudulent. She also rang the catalogue company but they couldn't give her any information!

She has acknowledged the court papers and entered a defence that though the account is in herr name, she didn't receive the goods and they were not delivered to her address. But Lowell's just sent her a letter saying they would reduce the amount!

How does she get evidence when the catalogue company say they have no information on what was ordered and where it was delivered? Why is this happening when she informed them about the fraud years ago. Its been assigned to her local court but she needs to be able to get evidence?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi

I'm assuming that as your friend is inexperienced, she didn't report the fraud to the police at the time or via ActionFraud!

I hope you told her off for ringing these people and told her to deal in writing only. Lowells will have the basics of the account only so will have to go back to Jacamo to get the paperwork mentioned in the claim.

In my opinion, she should write to Lowells solicitors and firmly state that the claim will be defended as it was never her account and goods were delivered to an address she had no association with (she may need to prove this). Her credit record may help here with address associations, especially if she had never lived at the address named.

As the claim hasn't been placed on any particular track, she could try a cpr request to get copies of the paperwork involved.

BTW, I have little to no true experience of this so I am going on what I have also learned whilst being on CAG

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If we could have details of the claim particulars and defence submitted emmaf01...then we can advise further on how to proceed.

I would advise although a little late as post defence that a CCA and CPR 31.14 request be sent to the solicitor and Claimant (one and the same in this instance as its LOwell)

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

She did report it to action fraud about 2 years before when she first got a letter referring to the account. The exact particulars are not immediately to hand. It is for approximately £1500. It has been assigned to the small claims track at Liverpool court.

He defence explicitly states the account was fraudulent with a delivery address which she has never resided at and she has never received the goods. I think Lowell have definitely read this by now . She asked for mediation but mediation said it wasn't suitable if she denied she had the account at all.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

If you could post the details (verbatim) when you have them to hand.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread