MPPI questionnaires capital central mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started the process of claiming PPI from capital central for a mortgage taken out in 2007.

I am optimistic as the PPI cost was a up front payment which I wasn't informed of,

also I am registered disabled, which I told the sales associate but he still put my name,

as well as my partners on the agreement.

Having received the company's PPI claim questionnaire,

one of the questions is:

Given that the sale was several years ago;

what actually prompted you to complain now?

Was there a specific event that made you aware you might have cause for company.

Is there any reason you didn't complain sooner?

In my mind, I believe this has no relevance to wether or not the PPI was missold

and I am thinking of answering with, this is not relevant to my claim..any thoughts ?

I guess I'm worried that they are trying to find a loophole as this is for a large PPI claim.

We borrowed a total of £63,622.50 this was £50,000.00 loan and £12,622.00 PPI.

Thank you in advance.

stuff their Questionnaire

use the FOS one...

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

that way there are no loaded questions.

have you all the statements?

if so i'd be doing a spreadsheet too.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

statint sheet

as for working things out

follow this guide.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered(1-Viewing)-nbsp

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply.

I have a few statements but not all.

I am following your advise where I can with the fos claim questionnaire.

I understand after reading through some of the forum how to calculate the interest on each payment of PPI,

I'm thinking of going through monthly bank statements to get a roughly accurate redress amount.

Thanks again for your help.

might be better to sar capital central or whomever holds the data first.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, dx, took your advice and wrote to, both capital central and loan holders requesting SAR. Posted it today, so am I right in thinking they have 40 days to send it?

sure 40 cal days

lets see what you get.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Both NEMO and central capital have sent the paper work I asked for in the SAR I sent.

After reading through this I still believe I have a case so I pursued this with central capital.

I received a letter last week stating that the claim is time barred.

I guess my question is

, how can this be,

loan taken out in 2007,

PPI was for five years cover so it ended in 2012.

The six year time bar would take this to 2018.

My next recourse is now with the ombudsman as central capital have said that this letter is their final correspondence on this.

They can't pull the time Barr chain unless they wrote to you in the last 3yrs telling you there,was PPI to reclaim

Just be aware,your theory is wrong

The PPI would have expired on the date the mortgage was settled anyway

and they

They can't pull the time Barr chain unless they wrote to you in the last 3yrs telling you there,was PPI to reclaim

You're wrong here. We've already discussed this.

I guess my question is

, how can this be,

loan taken out in 2007,

PPI was for five years cover so it ended in 2012.

The six year time bar would take this to 2018.

My next recourse is now with the ombudsman as central capital have said that this letter is their final correspondence on this.

The time bar rule works as follows: a complaint should be made 6 years from the date of the event complained about or, 3 years after you became aware you had cause to complain.

You're complaining about the sale of the PPI. That was 2007, so the 6 years was up in 2013. The 3 year part of the rule may give you some extra time - however, how it is applied depends on each case. For example, if you said that you didn't know you had the policy, but they sent out annual statements, then these could trigger the 3 years.

You're wrong here. We've already discussed this.

The time bar rule works as follows: a complaint should be made 6 years from the date of the event complained about or, 3 years after you became aware you had cause to complain.

You're complaining about the sale of the PPI. That was 2007, so the 6 years was up in 2013. The 3 year part of the rule may give you some extra time - however, how it is applied depends on each case. For example, if you said that you didn't know you had the policy, but they sent out annual statements, then these could trigger the 3 years.

Well that sure does put a spanner in the works, so if the ombudsman deems it time barred, is there any other course of action left for me?

Well that sure does put a spanner in the works, so if the ombudsman deems it time barred, is there any other course of action left for me?

So you should see what the ombudsman says first. Firms have mis applied this rule before - so it's worth asking. But you're at least aware it's a potential issue.

As for any other courses of action - some will say court. But that means spending money and chances are slim.

and they

hang on don't paint a picture that that was me agreeing with you

DISP 2.8.2 was written at a time when 1000's of people were still [looking at the data that these fleecing claim management companies provide]getting back and regaining reclaiming on PPI policies dating back to the 1990's.

dx

and they

hang on don't paint a picture that that was me agreeing with you

DISP 2.8.2 was written at a time when 1000's of people were still [looking at the data that these fleecing claim management companies provide]getting back and regaining reclaiming on PPI policies dating back to the 1990's.

dx

I don't really understand your point. It was written in the early 2000's. It is still a rule - and it isn't going to change. In fact, quite the opposite, given the FCA's proposal to set a deadline on new complaints.