• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the EA company is charging £75 just for sending a letter,

why can they not sent the notice registered post,

and have proof when this was received, rather than assuming, the debtor has received it ?

There are quite a number of folks who won't accept any form of signed for delivery. Better just to have a proof of postage, even for bulk postings this is possible where they are all entered & the Post Office will stamp the document as being received.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are not charging £75 "just" to send a letter.

There is a lot of admin work along with the cost of the servers, storage, overheads etc that need to be paid too.

And like ploddertom has quite rightly said, most debtors would refuse to sign for the letter so causes more of an issue.

Thanks for the replies.

It just made sense to me, if this was done then there could be no dispute,

It just seems to be a bit one sided against the debtor when mistakes are made,

As a lot of posters know there as some companies do not follow the rules ,

and seem to get away with it !

Grumpy I do understand there is a lot of work done beforehand

just seems to be a bit one sided.

If the EA company is charging £75 just for sending a letter, why can they not sent the notice registered post,

and have proof when this was received, rather than assuming, the debtor has received it ?

Firstly there is a significant cost element. The postal rate is very expensive and there is a significant administrative cost as well.

However, that aside, the major stumbling block is that with members of the public who are employed, they will usually have left home before the postal delivery and accordingly, the item of registered mail will be left at the local post office for collection. In most cases, the individual will be unable to make a personal visit until the weekend and will no doubt discover that the 'compliance stage' had expired.

Thanks once again BA

My problem with this is, if it was not sent, or sent to the wrong address,

and we know this can happen,

the debtor would not have been able to seek an agreement.(which I thought was the idea behind the regs)

then is hit with another charge(£235)

The debtor can not prove that they had not received the original correspondence.

I agree it could have complications, (Registered post) but at least it could be used to take in to account,

of when the debtor knew about enforcement.

As far as the law is concerned the bailiff only have to show that a letter has been sent, it is assumed that it will be delivered to the correct address unless the debtor can prove to the contrary, on the bop.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Thanks once again BA

My problem with this is, if it was not sent, or sent to the wrong address, and we know this can happen, the debtor would not have been able to seek an agreement.(which I thought was the idea behind the regs) then is hit with another charge(£235)

The debtor can not prove that they had not received the original correspondence.

I agree it could have complications, (Registered post) but at least it could be used to take in to account, of when the debtor knew about enforcement.

The regulations are as they are, and are not likely to be changed anytime soon but, that is not to say that I do not share your concerns about wrongly delivered correspondence, because I do.

However, debtors must also take a proportion of the blame and in particular, with parking related debts and speedings offences. The importance of updating DVLA records in a timely manner cannot be underestimated.

Thanks BA

This is what I am trying to bring to light.

You can not prove some thing that has not happened.

it should be down too the EA company too prove it was sent.

It may cut there profit. but at the moment they just add the extra £235.

so have not lost, unless they do not enforce.

DB

I do not care if this is the law,

some times the people who make the law have an agenda,

I did respect your opinion, but your attitude stinks,

Sorry to be so blunt , but may be the reason not so many OP's is because of attitudes like yours

Chill pill DB

The EA's office should really send the letter RD as proof is then there for all to see, as previously stated it is possible a wrong address may be written/typed or the postman delivers it wrong which could be often as in my mail...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Seems to have his knickers in a wist about something. The law is important in as much as it described how the bailiff can behave i would have thought ?

Anyway, I am perfectly chilled. :)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

No Problem

It is not me who is being condescending, to posters

I am open to opinion others are not

May be you should have directed your comment to the other poster not just to my self!!!!!

The EA's office should really send the letter RD as proof is then there for all to see, as previously stated it is possible a wrong address may be written/typed or the postman delivers it wrong which could be often as in my mail...

Thing is MM that as per the legislation and the court case which i cant remember the name of. The bailiff does not have to prove the letter was dlivered , it is for the debtor to show that it was not.

I have read that too, But if the EA's spend just a few pennies on proper postage then this matter would dry up overnight. In that case it was decided that the poster had to prove the correct name and all details were correct in the 1st place. I too read this and is in my legal files somewhere on my system. If I can find it I will post a link or the hand down once/if found

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Yes that's the one , but that is easily proven just by showing the procedure which is used and with a few witness statements. It does not have to be proof positive of course. I have the case.

Another argument is can the poster of the letter provide definite proof as to the contents of the said envelope? This is another area that can be contested.... Unless the poster of the letter has an authorised Notary witness and sign to that effect that the contents were actually what is claimed to have been sent.. Also that the said letter was handed to the postman? Then after that there is the issue of where the said letter goes and handled by whom! (chain of evidence so to speak) but it is given that the poster is honest and of good character and would not deceive the recipient)).

Once sight of the letter is lost there can not be a guarantee the letter did not end up at someone else's address due to negligence of the postman as this often happens.

Further case law is available on this topic and of interest...

Finally I have as well as others that have had correctly addressed letters go to the wrong address as BN has also stated...

My argument is in the details and not assumptions that something has been done correctly at ALL stages.. A mere observation....

Suffice to say a TV program called 'Roadwars' where in this episode Police Officers on a s23 Warrant used the big red key to gain entry to a flat only to find that they were one whole block of flats out. The residents were shocked and the Police embarrassed because THEY got it wrong as all these blocks were identical.

Just adding comments here and factually of course. Mistakes happen and therefore miss-delivered mail is a constant issue is it not. See here for here for the embarrassing issues regarding the Royal Mail and incorrectly delivered mail. Including their response to this complaint... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3008073/Royal-Mail-sends-post-wrong-address-six-months.html

'Customer 'trying to see the funny side' after Royal Mail sends his post to the wrong address for six months – including their own letters of apology

• Philip Ewington, 62, said his post had been regularly sent to wrong home
  • He said packages and letters were sent to another flat on the same road
  • Problem continued for six months and he complained to Royal Mail
  • But Royal Mail then sent their own letters of apology to wrong address'

Thing is MM that as per the legislation and the court case which i cant remember the name of. The bailiff does not have to prove the letter was dlivered , it is for the debtor to show that it was not.

in fact, earlier today I starting drafting a new thread on this very important subject (which I should be able to get posted in the morning). The appeal case has made significant changes to the the 'interpretation' of Section 7 of the Interpretation Act.

As said all the way back in Post 2 - they only need a Certificate of Posting. Much easier dealt with & free.

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/826

This is true, but, sorry for the but, its down to the person that finally delivers the letter if they have it to deliver. Proof of postage means it was accepted by the Royal Mail but does not mean it has been delivered. Please see my other argument on this matter...

An argument to s7 is if the letter was sent recorded it is only held at the sorting office for a period of time before being redirected to the sender. Once again this opens a new can of worms does it not? The person due to receive the letter could be away on business or out of the country during the holding time, the letter is then returned and could still get lost.

Secondly not all postal delivery workers complete the signed for card correctly and or do not complete it at all. They could just post the letter regardless. I've even had this myself.

The defining point is that if you carry out an audit on the EA's company, you will find a process in place to record the sending of letters, and also, upon delving into cases, you will see numerous responses to noe's thus proving they are actually sent. The companies not sending them will, and indeed are, being uncovered and dealt with quickly.

Recorded will never work as debtors will not sign for it.

All you will do by pushing this subject harder, will be to force the EA's to hand deliver this notice to the address which will undoubtedly double the current compliance stage fee. Government, cab, other charities and the bailiff companies themselves have agreed during consultation that the mere sending, via standard mail, is sufficient.