pAYED FOR GOODS BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED THEM, PLEASE HELP

BECKY X
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am acting on behalf of my gran, back last year she ordered a number of items out of a 'Healthy Living Direct' Cataloge. The policy was that before they would dispatch your order you had to make the payment in full, which she did.

They have taken the money from her account but she has never received the goods.

What can she do? Please help

She has contacted them several time via phone but just keeps geting palmed off every time. She has asked them to send her out a copy of their paperwork they have with her signiture on which would prove that she signed for the items which they obviously cannot do and keep ignoring her calls.

I feel that my gran is being taken advantage of because of her age and am not prepared to stand for it.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Many Thanks

Becky

ABBEY: Owed £1.140 :mad:

06/07/06 - Requested Statements

07/08/06 - Request For Repayment Letter Sent Totaling £1,140

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

15/09/06 - Received reply offering £570 as a final settlement

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

01/10/06 - Set up court date

Hi Becky,

First of all - disgusting that they can treat a more mature person like a doormat - taking the money and then running off!!

Second - action time! It makes it slightly more difficult as they have taken the payment, but not impossible.

You need to get some correspondance in writing. As long as you can make it, and make sure you place plenty of references to their disgusting treatment towards elderly people and their customer relation policies.

Can I check whether the company in question is Healthy Direct - Please enable your cookies ? These are in the Channel Islands.

Secondly, I would demand a copy of delivery notes or signed receipts for the goods, and advise them that if they are not willing to do then you will inform Trading Standards and ask them to become involved.

Once you have done this, then you have a home straight - they won't have it, or will have something completely incorrect, which you can then argue away!

I wouldn't want to offer any further advice until we know what has happened by this stage.

Good luck though!!

• Haha 1

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

Thank you very much for your quick responce, i will do all that you have said and keep you updated.

Many Many Thanks

Becky :)

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

Me Again,

Sorry i forgot to include, that yes it is Healthy Direct .

Becky

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

If she had paid for by credit card, then she can get it back from her credit card company, if not it will be a long battle.

NatWest for £272:Full and final settlement: 13/11/06

Argos Card for £52.50:Paid to Argos account: 10/11/06

Bank of Scotland for £218:Full and final settlement: 25/01/07