Going the wrong way?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I hope you can help.

First of all, this:

PCN11.jpg

The obvious, can anyone see anything that could be challenged? I see nothing, but then, I am no expert.

But have a look at this:

Map of United Kingdom | Multimap.com

I haven't been to check the signs of where I am supposed to have gone wrong yet, but I strongly suspect that what it is that they have now made it that when you're coming from London Rd, you have to turn right into Tamworth Rd, and not go straight over to Poplar Walk. (No entry in Station Rd already) North End is pedestrian all the way through. Poplar Walk is one way, and there is no way you can drive down it the wrong way, I promise.

Now I was coming from London Rd, and heading for the disabled car park in Poplar Walk. So how can I have gone in the wrong direction in North End? :-?

Any thoughts? Can I appeal?

Thanks in advance.

I am really annoyed at this. If my suspicions are true, the only way to access the disabled car park, if you're coming from West Croydon mean going round the totality of the Croydon one-way system to end up at the traffic lights in Station Rd so you can then turn left, which means approximately a 15 to 30 mns trip simply to end pretty much where you started from, just from the other set of lights. The more I think of it, the more absurd it sounds. Therefore plausible from LBC. :mad:

If its the same as speeding cameras.

you can request a copy of the pictures and video tapes, while you do this the ticket is on hold/dispute.

you can also ask for the statement from the officer which accompanies teh evidence.

I got a speed flash thrown out of court due to innacurate information written on a form.

BL:)

Well as a fellow Croydonian, I can assure you that cars drive up London Road. Cross over the junction of Station Road/Tamworth Road, and then proceed up Poplar walk.

Taxis in particular, do this all time to pick up folk with shopping from the Whitgift Centre.

So like you, I guess they must have changed the rules.

It annoys the hell out of me that they can change the rules, not advise you, then expect you to pay for something that you have been doing for years. This is no different to my Fly-tipping accusation :mad:

I appealed, and they said no. I asked them for evidence, which I am still waiting for. Although i paid the poxy fine, I will not let this drop.:mad:

I don't own a car, so have no idea how to proceed with this one. However, just wanted to say that I feel your anger. Makes you want to take to their offices with a baseball doesn't it..... :mad:

Not quite. A speed camera penalty is a criminal offence and the Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty is effectively an offer to admit guilt and pay (+points) without the bother of attending a Magistrates' Court to plead guilty. If you wish to fight this, then you simply don't do anything with the offer and you will be summonsued to the County for trial.

An FPN (Fixed Penalty Notice) for parking and the like, is issued by the Police and if ignored will be enforced as if the fine had been imposed had been imposed by a Magidtrates' Court. To fight these in Court, you must actively write t reject the notice.

The notice issued above is under the RTA1991 (as amended) and is a de-criminlaised offence. It is dealt with in exatly the same way DPE. If you don't pay or appeal it will eventually go to a Civil Court (Northampton) for a CCJ and baliff action.

The first thing is to go to informal appeal and ask for copies of the evidence. If they won't give you a copy of the video, then use S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). The signage needs to be carefully checked to ensure that it is absolutely lawful - if it is not there is case precedent that it is unenforceable. If the signage seems good, then you need to obtain a copy of the Traffic Regulation Order or Traffic Management Order that imposes the restrictions - ensure that this is correct and was properly advertised prior to and on approval.

The best advice is available on PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice in the Parking Tickets forum. Peiple there will be able to infrom you of the exact letter of the law and how to provide case precedent for your appeal.

• Haha 1

Well, I went, I saw, I'm buggered...

Despite what all the maps state and common knowledge, it turns out North end starts from the other side of the crossroads, and so the alleged offence did take place where the ticket says. Great. Another £50 I can ill afford, thank you, LBC, for targeting yet again the weakest element of the population. :mad: