Argos HELP

tezza1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so on Saturday 21st November i ordered 6 items in the 3 for 2 toys deal, paid online via fast track, i chose a store near to me who was showing all 6 items as in stock (i have nearer stores to where i live but they only had 4 items in stock)

Anyhow, the plan was to collect on the Sunday or the Monday, as with fasttrack you have 7 days to collect.

Basically i received no pin, which is due after payment to say items are ready for collection.

So on Monday 23rd i spent 1 hour on the phone to argos head office and then it cut off, grrrrr. so i phoned the store direct, after 20 mins the found my order on the system and said some items had not come in, but i said all 6 items were showing as already in, thats why i chose this store.

Anyway the advice was to sit and wait for the pin.

Fast forwar to Thursday 26/11 and still nothing, baring in mind this was a £92.67 order, i was a little concerned, so i went to the branch direct. After speaking to various people, and eventually the manager, my order was found, all 6 items were in stock, but 1 of the items was not allocated to me when it should have been, a glitch on there system the manager told me.

So my option was too have this 1 item refunded and then to purcahse a new one, lucky i had the money to do that as some people wouldnt.

Anyway, get the 6 items, get home, check email and the numbers do not match up.

This item i was refunded i origonally paid £24.99 for, it was not one of the free items, The new price i paid in store, was £18.27 (so since the 3-2 finished on sunday, it has obviously gone down in price) but when i pruchased it on Saturday i physically paid £24.99, so i was expecting a refund of the prcie i paid but when ispecting the email when i got home, i was refunded £17.27, that is £1 less than the new price i had just paid in store and more than £7 less than my origonal purchase price.

Now i know this is only about £7, but still, its the point of it, what about the 1 hr 30 mins on phone, what about the extended travel, car parking and fuel to visit a store because it said they has all 6 items in stock. £7 is still £7 and i feel i have been shafted a little bit here, it was not my mistake.

What are my consumer options here.

write a formal letter of complaint to the ceos office maybe?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

This is going nowhere quickly at all really, email complaint sent last week of November, had a acknowledgment reply saying they are busy and will be in touch in due coure and... nothing since, that was 3 weeks ago lol. I feel a LBA coming on.

Also, why do Argos have a 'live chat' service yet its never up and running, brick wall grrr....