Employment advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I've been with my present company for a bout a year now. I understand that a company can terminate employment within the first 2years without a reason but heres the thing;

since joining I have had no product training, just told to read the information on our website

have had no reviews

the man in charge is very negative always wanting to point out where i went wrong rather than focuc on what i did right so this in itself has left me feeling very deflated

and lastly one of the reasons i accepted the role was due to the commission, i was advised that i could potentially double my salary....this was based on sales made by the man in charge for his previous years sales out, but his customers were also based within europe not the uk where as my target is uk customers only, so this has sort of left me feeling mislead

anyway, would i have a case if they opted to end my employment?

No, not unless your contract was breached in respect of the commission and you can demonstrate a quantifiable financial loss.

If you dislike your job, the most pragmatic advice I can give is to search for something else more suitable!

well my contract states that i have a probationary period of 90 days then a performace assessment will take place and i may be confirmed or my probation extended if deemed necessary.....no assessment took place! so where does that leave me?

Why anyone has a probationary period in a contract these days is beyond me as they are totally meaningless with the 2 year qualifying period legally set out to bring any claim unless worded by the worlds supreme moron of a HR officer.

Just lazy copy and pasting of old contracts when employees were treated like staff instead of cattle.

Just ignore it, it carries as much weight as a bag full of virtual feathers

Under 2 years - Do as they like