• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NCP PCN - Asda, Cardiff Bay - DCBL DCA sending out letter with enforcement fees on them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Absolutely magic.

You have enough ammo here to make a complaint direct to the MOJ.

They can only be acting as a Debt Collectors as there is no CCJ in place against you.

Next and only if there was a CCJ and only if it were over £600 and only if it had been transferred up to the High Court for enforcement could they act.

As the sum would be considerably less than £600 then if a CCJ had been gained it would have to be enforced by the County Court Bailiff anyway.

They are so out of it that they do indeed need to have a complaint made against them at the highest level

& as the Authorised HCEO has also to take responsibility then a complaint needs to made against her as well.

• Confused 1

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many other people have received these letters & demands from DCBL. In my view and because they are making folks believe they are acting as an enforcement agent in these cases complaint should also be made to CIVEA, also the terms they are using "second enforcement stage" is something more accustomed to the language HCEOs use and would therefore say complaint must also be made to the HCEOA.

Whilst I accept both CIVEA & HCEOA are both self governing bodies for the Enforcement industry this matter is so wrong & DCBL must be brought to book or ostracised for their behaviour. It has been said previously elsewhere that the Authorised HCEO for DCBL is one who lives abroad - the Lord Chancellor is responsible for for these appointments and it would do no wrong to copy the LC with any communications.

Members of the Enforcement Industry who post on this Forum have said there is nothing preventing the ordinary Joe Public making a complaint about the actions of the Authorised HCEO or for those who offer themselves as "HCEO for Hire". I assume therefore they have made representations themselves as actions such as these are doing more harm than good to the industry. It appears that the Enforcement sector have learned nothing and wish to press the self destruct button instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCBL's US based HCEO is not a Director of this company nor a shareholder. She merely gives them her authority to enforce High Court writs in her name since the rapid demise of her own company.

Doesn't matter she is not a Director as enforcement is carried out in her name and it is in her own best interests to ensure all the other employees toe the line as it is her neck that the axe will fall on as in the case it looks as if she is condoning their actions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow.....

1,000 additional viewers to the thread since yesterday !!!

Maybe this means that many others have received identical documentation.....

It has been a week since this thread first appeared & I would guess in that time DCBL have been made aware of this thread here and on other forums.

Says a lot if they are just turning a blind eye & hoping it goes away.

After all, we have seen just a few but can probably guarantee this is just the tip of the iceberg a

nd it may be because of this they are refusing to do anything, as quite a few have possibly already coughed up.

I also thought this would have been a newsworthy item for Scoop but there is nothing mentioned or is that the enforcement sector

- apart from those who have voiced concerns - endorse this behaviour.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I emailed NGPM on Saturday. Given the serious nature of this, you would expect them to respond as quickly as possible to head off potential problems. Have they responded. Nah!

It's a bit like sticking your fingers in your ears and saying 'Blah Blah Blah' continuously in the hope you don't hear the truth.

That wll be because they now see it as not their problem having delegated responsibility elsewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]