NCP PCN - Asda, Cardiff Bay - DCBL DCA sending out letter with enforcement fees on them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG.

What paperwork did you receive after 29/03/14?

Was this a windscreen ticket?

If not, was this an ANPR ticket

Has there been a court case regarding this matter?

If yes, did you get the court claim?

Can you post up the paperwork received so far minus personal details, account numbers barcodes?

When you post, click 'go advanced' and then you will see the paperclip. You can upload from there. Please ensure they are in pdf format

• Confused 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I suggest you check your credit file and trust online to ensure they haven't slipped a CCJ in by the back door.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

If there is nothing then it is all bluff and bluster however, if they have got one, you would need to set the judgement aside.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Even the figures dcbl are quoting are wrong.

The 'debt' cannot go from 180 to 340 as if they are acting as bailiffs, there are fixed fees, not the amounts they are claiming.

This is being discussed on this thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?454878-Notice-of-enforcement-from-dcbl-regarding-ngp-parking-ticket

We don't want to merge it as yet as we are not 100% sure that the bailiffs here are legit.

Edit. Private Parking Ticket. New Generation Parking.

Can I personally thank all those with the right experience for aiding this thread.

I wasn't absolutely sure of the situation but I did believe that what they are doing is wrong and I am relieved my belief was justified.

Hopefully, this action will earn them 12 points from the BPA as this is a serious case of misleading.

No doubt they will say it is a computer error. Nope! Computers don't make errors, people do.

As well as reporting them to the MOJ and the BPA, I would inform Trading Standards as they may already have similar cases.

Trading Standards might be worth a punt SF, and possibly BBC Watchdog.

Cracking idea BN

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

whether watchdog would be interested is another matter

Hi, I have also received one of these notifications today in the post - do you suggest paying the £180 please - any assistance would be gratefully received!

Hi and welcome.

Pay nothing is my opinion. This is for a parking ticket and the excess fees added are wrong. This seems to be a new tactic being tried as this is the 3rd one this week.

Follow the advice already mentioned on this thread.

The BPA monitor and punish parking companies where they transgress. NGP are members of the BPA so the actions of their agents (DCBL) need to be brought to their attention.

I believe the MOJ is responsible for the laws regarding bailiffs so a complaint should be made to them

This morning, I emailed New Generation Parking to see if I get a response. whether I get one is another matter. I may just stir things up with DCBL as well :smile:

I see that Bailiff Advice (in her alter ego) has posted links to this thread over on MSE. The more the merrier is my opinion.

As mentioned over there, contact Trading Standards.

Under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading regulations, the sending of misleading and/or harassing letters is a criminal offence so you could also complain to the local plod but they will just say it is a civil matter and ignore your pleadings.

I would also contact the landowners and make them aware of what NGP are doing in their name.

IF anyone from DCBL actually do turn up on your doorsteps, record them as if they try bailiff tactics without the authority to do so, it will cost them dear.

Anyone feel like contacting Channel 5 to make them aware of what their 'stars' from Can' Pay etc. are doing!

Hi,

I too am glad you came here.

Now we need to spread the word.

if you are on any social groups in your area, pre warn them of this sham and encourage everyone who gets one of the speculative invoices to complain to the relevant bodies.

At the rate this is going, Trading Standards may just instigate a full investigation.

Bailiff Advice (amongst others) have raised some very valid points.

I would grab the bull by the horns and submit a formal complaint to DCBL and see what rubbish the come back with as well as a response to using fake enforcement documents.

Thanks

I emailed NGPM on Saturday. Given the serious nature of this, you would expect them to respond as quickly as possible to head off potential problems. Have they responded. Nah!

It's a bit like sticking your fingers in your ears and saying 'Blah Blah Blah' continuously in the hope you don't hear the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome.

2 choices.

1 wind them up with letter tennis

2 Ignore them as there is nothing they can do to you. Highly doubtful they would ever try this in court

They can advise their client to do what the hell they like. If they try to go to court with these 'costs' they will be laughed out.

If you haven't done so, report this to trading standards

As I am a belligerent bu**er, I would be tempted to follow the complaints route and then sue them for misleading me and harassment.

Whilst HCEOA will not doubt take an interest in this it is the interim FCA license that this behaviour will most affect.

I too hope that the FCA do get involved however, I'm not sure they will due to this being nothing to do with consumer credit. They may act, based on their treatment of errant parkers and the possibility of using the same behaviour with consumer credit customers.

Has anyone actually reported this to the FCA? I haven't but I am willing to.

As DCBL are not chasing the 'debt' under the consumer credit laws, the FCA will have no involvement however, if they are also pretending to collect the charge using their licence, the FCA would be interested.

Parking charges are not consumer related debt.

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering any update in this theard?

I had the 3rd letter fro DCBL today, interestingly the MoJ logo is now gone.

Can you upload it in pdf format so we can all have a laugh? :-)

Make sure you take out ALL personal info.

Now we have the letter visible. Ignore it. They cannot claim £340 nor the £265 extra they are claiming. Any claim will be in the small claims and the costs are fixed. Sheila Tams knows this, NGP knows this an we all know this.

While it wouldn't be convenient for you or other NGP victims, I would like to see them try it on in court. They would have an audience if only to see this claim struck out.

In my opinion, NGP will not go anywhere near a court and will either start the process all over again or let it die the death it deserves.

Where is thier Consumer Credit Licence?

I was under the impression that this has to be on all communications that involve collection of money or debt. I cannot see thier CCL anywhere

This is not a consumer related debt therefore the FCA permission number wouldn't need to be shown. This is a spurious charge which in no way relates to debt or FCA registered permissions

Any chance of appeal is long gone but the alleged 'debt' chasing my continue. As to whether they will is too early to say as you were one of the first we got to hear of it.

More likely they will just stop as they know (or should know) that court action is out.

• 3 weeks later...

Having investigated this issue a little more (and reading the prankster site) DCBL are adding these charges to get the amount over £600.

While I am yet to see any court cases by them, we ought to be aware that if it does happen, people MUST defend. You don't want them getting a CCJ by default.

If it is right that once a CCJ is over £600, it could be enforced by bailiffs, DCBL will be rubbing their hands in glee as they will just pass it on to the next desk for proper enforcement action.

While I still think most of what they are doing is pure bluff, it may be worth sending them ONE letter stating that this 'debt' is disputed and if they choose to issue court papers, it will be fully defended.

Do NOT admit liability or name the driver.

I would also like to see where NGP and DCBL are trying it on in Scotland.

As NGP are party to this behaviour, I feel they should be reported to their own association, the IPC although that may be a waste of time as the IPC are partisan (my opinion)

I think it is right that I say that when the FCA took over from the OFT, all authorised companies transferred over had an interim permission given by the FCA. It is my thinking that full authorisation will only be given when the permissions come up for renewal.

This may mean that DCBL had full permission from the OFT before the FCA took over

They were approved for a full licence in May 2013 and their next maintenance payment isn't due until 2018 so it must have applied for full permission before then

The old OFT database is still active although not updated.

• 1 month later...

As predicted!

Please keep an eye on your post though as this may not be over.

NGP could still take further action if they suddenly have a brain freeze,

• 4 months later...

Hi and welcome to CAG

I do feel you should start a new thread as you will get missed otherwise.

When you do, please read this thread and answer accordingly

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket&p=4883055&viewfull=1#post4883055