Goose vs Woolwich

goose1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post of many to come I imagine. After speaking to my friend who has recently succesfully claimed all (over £900) of his bank charges against HSBC with almost no bother at all, I have today sent the fist letter to the Woolwich requesting all of the bank statements for the last 6 years. I suspect my claim is going to be around the 4,000 to £5,000 mark so its got to be worthwhile. My friends final letter from HSBC with the cheque actually stated on it that it was cheaper to settle then to go to court (maybe if its under £1000) of which they would have won if it had................ I have sent my letter to the follwing address, does anyone know if this is correct?

The Woolwich

Woolwich telephony customer relations

27 Station Road

Clacton-on-Sea

Essex

CO15 1TD

Many thanks and speak to you soon

I sent my first letter to Clacton too, seemed to work. LAthough subsequent letters from woolwich/barclays have come from all over the country! You'll end up at the london Churchill Place address once they realise you mean business :)

Mat

Hi goose1234,

I to am hammering woolwich(barclays), all my correspondence from them came from Barclays,freepost rlta-csue-tchc,head office customer relations,london,e14 5hp. I am sure your first letter will get there but in future you may find it better to post to that address. Good luck, hope this is of some help.My claim is for £4700 and they are taking it as far as they dare so be cool and dont let them intimidate you.

from

thewoolwicharejustaloadof

Hi goose

they wont try to close your account yet but when you get your money they may.So if I was you i wouldopen another account just in case.

In theory they shouldnt because that breaks the banking code i believe, but hey they take money from you that they shouldnt. Good luck

Thanks for that the woolwicharejustaloadof, well its been a week since the request of charges and still no communication, but the general posts on this sites are very simular. If I do not hear after the 4 weeks since posting the request do I phone or write again (so I have copies)? And if I do mail, do I send it on the third week prior to the deadline? Thanks again

Hi Goose

as i understand it they have 40 days to send you your statements. They cannot charge you more than £10.If you did not send your letter recorded delivery they could claim they have not received it. So it may be worth sending them a reminder, informing them of the date by which you expect to get the information you requested. Make sure you send this one recorded delivery.

I know from speaking to other people on other sites such as this, that unrecorded mail has a habit of dissapearing.

You must bare in mind that they will try to hang on to your money as long as they can, so be patient but persistent and you will get what is rightfully yours eventually.

I am waiting for the court to send me a date for the hearing, which seems to be happening more often than not these days.

Keep at it Goose:)

OK, looks like the address was correct and have received an acknowledgement, but that is exactly what it was, they have said that they will be back to me within 14 days but have thanked me for my enquiry and that they value my comments. My pleasure.......Will update soon when I gety feedback

OK, Summary received but I think I must have been a bit over exited when I quoted £4000. It has actually came back 1 a single 1 pager summary at over £1700. Still not a bad amount. Anyway, the 2nd letter is in the post winging its way over as we speak. Will keep you posted. Now its starting to all happen

Hello everyone, as I mentioned in the earlier post the 2nd letter is now on its way, but am growing more and more concerned about a few things

1. Woolwich freezing my account

2. Woolwich serving a default against me

3. Woolwich closing my account

3. My overdraft with the woolwich being demanded back

My question is: as I am in the flow of things at the moment, is it best for me to go all the way to the court demanding that no defaults are served and can the FOS do anything about them closing my account and if they can, can they do it quickly

Goose contact a mod as far as im aware the woolwich cant do anything with your account while its in dispute also your default removal can be made part of your settlement , having read numerous threads i didnt think the woolwich were reverting to these bullyboy tactics !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Paddy, thanks for your help, I think you read some things on the threads which make you really confident, and then you read just one negative and it seems to throw it all in the air again. But I think the general trend is to stick to your guns and all will be OK. Thanks again

OK, my 2nd letter with total amount was sent on the 23rd November and today I have received a reply. It is a standerd letter saying that they are sorry I am disatisfied but they will resolve the matter by the 28 December and its not even signed (its a photocopy signature). Do I wait and give them the opportunioty to respond or send the LBA 14 days from the 23rd (when the 2nd letter was sent)

Send the LBA 14 days after the prelim.

This is all part of the woolwich's delaying tactics, make them work to your timetable, not the other way around. if you let them dictate the timescales they will string you along for years with you never getting anywhere!

Mat

Goose you stick to your timescales not theirs these are all stalling tactics used by the woolwich let them know your serious your in control !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D