style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do find that that the bailiff advice part of the site has been taken over a little by 'industry reps' who often support wrongful actions by EA's or HCEO's, without any helpful advice for Joe Public about what they can do. The replies often supports the actions of their colleagues in the industry. I think this is something that the CAG site team should keep an eye on.

People come to CAG for fair balanced advice, which should hopefully enable them to resolve their problem. If CAG allows the site to be taken over by anonymous industry reps, it could damage the reputation of the site and people may be more tempted to use 'interesting' advice offered elsewhere online.

I know others offer advice which is more independent, but thought this needed to be said.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

I would agree with this. The bailiff part of the site seems to have lots of posts in support of bailiffs and their actions, and woe betide anyone who objects.

As a point of note, I have noticed there are referrals to posts and news items where debtors have lost cases and with the assumption that taking a bailiff to court or complaining is expensive and you will lose.

Hopefully you have noticed the new structure on the Bailiff Forums where it is hopefully clearer. Discussion Threads are now on a sub forum allowing those with problems being more obvious, hopefully meaning they are more likely to get attention.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I have, it seems clearer, however a lot of the advice given to people with problems seems to be pay the bailiffs, don't argue, give them everything they want, they can behave however they like, because they are bailiffs.

There isn't a lot of help about dealing with bailiffs and what they can and can't do and how to complain or take action against them.