Trying to remove payment details with Uber

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I used to use Uber shortly after it launched in Manchester, but have found that their service recently has gone downhill and is less good value (nearly always get surge pricing and the drivers are often late or rude). I've been onto their website to deactivate my account and remove my payment information - but have found there is no option to do so. I can add as many credit/debit cards as I like, but once they're on uber's system there's no way to remove them, despite Uber's help pages claiming otherwise! I've tried this on multiple devices/web browsers, all with the same result.

I've tried contacting them on twitter and through their website - though I'm still to hear a response. Short of cancelling my card, is there anything else I can do? Has anyone else had any luck trying anything similar?

Cheers,

Dracion

E: I apologise if this is the wrong place.

Hello and Welcome,

Sorry I don't know who or what Uber are, could you please give some details and I will give you a 'link' to the best Forum to ask your question.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello.

I used to use Uber shortly after it launched in Manchester, but have found that their service recently has gone downhill and is less good value (nearly always get surge pricing and the drivers are often late or rude). I've been onto their website to deactivate my account and remove my payment information - but have found there is no option to do so. I can add as many credit/debit cards as I like, but once they're on uber's system there's no way to remove them, despite Uber's help pages claiming otherwise! I've tried this on multiple devices/web browsers, all with the same result.

I've tried contacting them on twitter and through their website - though I'm still to hear a response. Short of cancelling my card, is there anything else I can do? Has anyone else had any luck trying anything similar?

Cheers,

Dracion

Hi Dracion,

Could you please start a new thread in the forum 'linked' below, you should get the help you require.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?56-General-Consumer-Issues

Regards,

Scott.

Hi Scott.

Sorry for the confusion. Uber are a 'private hire vehicle' company effectively acting like a 'cash-free' taxi service.

Effectively, it works by you (the rider) requesting a vehicle to come pick you up from your smart phone - providing you have a payment method available. The driver acknowledges your request from a phone in his car, and comes to pick you up, and you takes you to your destination. At the other end, you get out and get automatically charged based upon the time you spent in the car, and the route you took - the driver has a gps device fitted which tracks the route and the time it took to work out how much to charge you (options to dispute this are available, but I've never needed to use them).

I've found though that a lot of the time you get charged extra via 'surge pricing' when it's busy (or i suspect having deliberately few drivers) and that this has meant it's not economic vs a conventional taxi.

Hope that makes sense!

Best regards,

Dracion

EDIT: Just seen the above post, will make a new thread there. Cheers.

Hello.

Cheers,

Dracion