Marbles Credit Card PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

28th April 2015..

Hi there,

I’m pursuing a PPI claim with HFC/Marbles, and have a couple of questions before I submit complaint.......brief case story so far:

Marbles Card active between 11.06.03 and 05.09.06 (then dormant until closed Aug 2009)

I have received SARlink3.gif data and have calculated monthly PPI’s plus 8% simple interest on each payment

(using your very helpful spreadsheet)... £258 PPI + £214@8%

I do have some original paperwork/statements, including welcome letter that has TOCs on the reverse, but no original credit agreement.

Primary reasons for mis-sellinglink3.gif are:

Wasn’t advised of the suitability of the policy to my employment (namely that I was PAYE employed with full benefits, but also part-time self-employed)

Additionally, I wasn’t informed that PPI could be bought separately from a third party, more competitively, or tailored to my circumstances as above.

May not have ticked the box to request PPI, or it was already ticked by default? (see question below)

Before I proceed....

Despite all I’ve read about PPI not covering self-employment,

the TOCs on reverse of original Marbles welcome letter include notes on claims against loss of self-employment (see attached PDF);

were they lying here, or just the exception to the rule?

In the SARlink3.gif delivery covering letter, HSBClink3.gif have said they’re unable to find the initial Credit Agreement (see attached PDF).

So, are they in breach of money laundering/data protection legislation?

Also, I’ve no recollection of the online application so can’t confirm PPI was chosen by me during online application,

or if it was pre-ticked? I certainly didn’t actively seek it out.

Any advice would be so helpful,

Cheers.

Thanks DX, here are the PDFs anyway.

Thanks DX, here are the PDFs anyway.

• 3 years later...
Hi there,

I’m pursuing a PPI claim with HFC/Marbles, and have a couple of questions before I submit complaint.......brief case story so far:

Marbles Card active between 11.06.03 and 05.09.06 (then dormant until closed Aug 2009)

I have received SAR data and have calculated monthly PPI’s plus 8% simple interest on each payment you should be using the CISHEET]

(using your very helpful spreadsheet)... £258 PPI + £214@8%

I do have some original paperwork/statements, including welcome letter that has TOCs on the reverse, but no original credit agreement.

Primary reasons for mis-selling are:

Wasn’t advised of the suitability of the policy to my employment (namely that I was PAYE employed with full benefits, but also part-time self-employed)

Additionally, I wasn’t informed that PPI could be bought separately from a third party, more competitively, or tailored to my circumstances as above.

May not have ticked the box to request PPI, or it was already ticked by default? (see question below) [most were preticked]

Before I proceed....

Despite all I’ve read about PPI not covering self-employment,

the TOCs on reverse of original Marbles welcome letter include notes on claims against loss of self-employment (see attached PDF);

were they lying here, or just the exception to the rule? - only applicable if you could close 'your' company, else its a mis-sale

if you say worked as a taxi driver etc]

In the SAR delivery covering letter, HSBC have said they’re unable to find the initial Credit Agreement (see attached PDF).

So, are they in breach of money laundering/data protection legislation? - I'd sar HFC themselves they still exist

Also, I’ve no recollection of the online application so can’t confirm PPI was chosen by me during online application,

or if it was pre-ticked? I certainly didn’t actively seek it out.

Any advice would be so helpful,

Cheers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for quick response, DX.

I'll rework using correct spreadsheet (I have Attention Deficit Disorder so takes me a long time to get this sort of thing right) :-)

I have a letter from HFC in relation to this Marbles Card, address at: North Street, Winkfield, Windsor, Berks. SL4 4TD….but states that they are member of HSBC group, so won't they be covered by the same SAR pool anyway?

I'm still a little confused by the self-employed definitions used, my self-employment was Graphic Design with a small number of clients, working in the evening from home. I could have wound up the business at any time if the client base dried up.

Thanks.

yes but do they know that or even asked about the status of your SE

I doubt it.

if you look in the HFC forum

there are addresses for SAR requests in the stickies.

pers I'd send another sar to HFC

upto you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...