Bailiffs entering a persons place of work

Pen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I first put this in the wrong thread so I hope someone can advice me.

last year my daughter had a visit from the baliffs. She is a senior school teacher who was teaching a class the bailffs walked into her class room and in front of all the children demanded that she pay £1,500 or he would remove her car. My daughter had to find another teacher to take over her class whilst she sorted it out. My daughter Knew nothing about the parking ticket she had had no correspondence etc from them. she does however live in a flat with other tenants In Islington London so letters could have gone astray. Due to the embarresment of turning up at her school and the shock of it all she checked his credentils and paid him in full just so that he would go away. he told her he would not go without being paid or the car.

when she returned home she phoned islington council tp complain they informed her that he should not have entered her place of work , they will complaine on her behalf and she will get a refund but this has not happend yet dispite many phone calls to them to the council. what should she do now should she just forget it and put it down to a bad experience or continue asking for her money back.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Guest Battleaxe

Here I go again, contact The Bailiff Watchdog fill in the form and wait for the phone call. They will get you redress and sort things out.

[edit yes here you go again - please STOP posting links to this commercial site - I am sure you are well intentioned but it is a commercial website and as such we do not allow links to it on this site ]

Thanks battleaxe, do you have a email address or phone number for them by any chance.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hi everyone. I first put this in the wrong thread so I hope someone can advice me.

last year my daughter had a visit from the baliffs. She is a senior school teacher who was teaching a class the bailffs walked into her class room and in front of all the children demanded that she pay £1,500 or he would remove her car. My daughter had to find another teacher to take over her class whilst she sorted it out. My daughter Knew nothing about the parking ticket she had had no correspondence etc from them. she does however live in a flat with other tenants In Islington London so letters could have gone astray. Due to the embarresment of turning up at her school and the shock of it all she checked his credentils and paid him in full just so that he would go away. he told her he would not go without being paid or the car.

when she returned home she phoned islington council tp complain they informed her that he should not have entered her place of work , they will complaine on her behalf and she will get a refund but this has not happend yet dispite many phone calls to them to the council. what should she do now should she just forget it and put it down to a bad experience or continue asking for her money back.

Pen

Point of Fact: There is nothing in the regulations to prevent seizure at a place of work unless it is Crown property. The regulations clearly state 'anywhere in England & Wales'. That said, if the visit was as described, I would not condone it, not would most of my colleagues. If a debtor ignored all my correspondence and vists at the home address and I knew where the debtor worked, I would, as a last resort, wait by the car at close of business. It does not pay to be indiscreet, it just gets a debtor's back up!