• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Babs V HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this any good?...

Thank you for your letter dated 12/12/2006

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account. Please note a County Court Claim has now been issued, and as a result of this I will be looking for the reimbursement of any costs and interest applicable.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Okay, mines up on the 28th so were nearly at the same stage... although I skipped the LBA as someone tld me you never get the full amount, and you miss out on the interest etc!

Anyway, what I suggest you do is go back to here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

any on the left hand side a little way down theres a button to start a new thread! I suggest you start your own thread. Im sure someone will be along in no time at all with a letter for you to use!! They're fantastic on this site and are always very quick and very helpful!! Good luck!! Ill keep a look out for your posts!! xx :)

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

That sounds perfect!!

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

OK OK OK so I was a little excited and didn't check my typing....it wasn't 57 grand...LOL what a dilbert I am....but £5,765.02! (that 2p is very impt!)

Sorry for any confusion! :o :o :o

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

LOL Babs!! Im so happy for you Babs, hope you get the money soon xxxx

and what did mr. babs say to all this whopplaa? i can't remember and i'm NOT going back through 465 posts to find out - was he one of those "you'll never see a penny of it" kind of misters and is he now bowing before your greatness? i surely hope so. - actually, when we accepted the offer - it was a bit slow coming - so son, whose acct it was, called and they put it in the bank the same day - now they will have to get your acceptance on the offer but, i can see money in your bank by monday if you call and beg (well, not beg - just plead, no, not plead, - just ask if it is possible for them to put it into your account immediately (it is, his was in almost instantly - it takes them a phone call or to to somebody).

so, bet you will be having a very merry christmas now, huh. i'm really pleased to have been along for the ride. and promise me all that new found info won't go to waste - stick around, not just for claire and steve - but to help out the newbies - telling them to start with the faq's .........

it's sort of that karma thing again - what goes around........

best wishes for a brand new year. spend wisely.

Well no, he's been very good actually even to the point of holding my back and not letting me think about spending the whole lot - very good man! I've just checked onloine with the GPO and they've had my acceptance delivered so I'll give them an hour or two to open mail and then I'll ring and ask for my money!

Babs,

CONGRATULATIONS darling

One small teachery thing, reading above did you REALLY get £57,650.20 BACK

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

The DRINKS ARE ON Mrs BABS everyone - she's LOADED NOW LOL

;) ;) (you luv's me - really)

OK OK OK so I'm in need of some marking, yes I made a mistake and you can tease me about it forever!

Hey Babs congratulations and a very very happy new year to you!!!

I have been watching your story unfold and am delighted for you. Perhaps now you can lay off the prozac eh lol (send them my way cos i'm just at the beginning of my long journey)!

Well done you

Netty

Thankyou thankyou and yes I'm weaning myself off the drugs...

Hang on...

...fifty seven grand???

i think she started early on the tequila slammers!

but not the alcohol, think I'll keep drinking that for some time yet!

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Nah, nothing again.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Hi Babs,

Just called DG, got a voice mail for Deborah - left a message stating that I intend to follow through with my claim and shall be soon submitting my AG so if they would like to discuss the claim and avoid further costs - then TALK to me etc

Don't know if that was s wise thing to do, but it's done now !! :)

Watch this space

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Well done Steve! keep at 'em!! XXXX

Hmmm, just hope I haven't shot myself in the foot etc

XXXXX

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hi Babs,

Just called DG, got a voice mail for Deborah - left a message stating that I intend to follow through with my claim and shall be soon submitting my AG AQ? so if they would like to discuss the claim and avoid further costs - then TALK to me etc

Don't know if that was s a? wise thing to do, but it's done now !! :)

Watch this space

just playing teacher in return...the red pen has come out now! :p

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Ha ha ha Babs! I wrote the same thing the other day.... wonder what an AG is?! All I can think of is Ali G!! LOL

You'll be fine Steve, have faith!! It was only a phone call, remember your not the one in the wrong, if anyone should be worried now its them!! Chin up babe xxxx

Hee hee, he might take offence!

Right celebratory pizzas with the kids and then tonight or tomorrow am I will be spreading my advice on here!

Have missed a phonecall re my money from Rachel Tomlinson today cos my flaming mobile died on me and then all I got was her voicemail!

Be strong, keep fingers crossed and keep at it everyone!

Babs xxxx

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Well done Babs, my 28 days are up on Tuesday 19th, fingers crossed, there doesn't seem to be any consistency some are getting part offer, some full within the 28 days and others are having to go to AQ stage, I am trying to keep optimistic though, I can't beleive you got all your money back what a xmas present!!!!

Hey Babs,

Nope you had me in stitches - very funny LOL (absolutely NO offence)

NOOOOOO POST yet again - I'm kill someone soon !!

And those very rude people at DG didn't even BOTHER to return my call today - hell fire and damnation to them all !!

You pair...I bet you'll get the letters on monday, I know it! I was mega cheesed off with flipping rachel yest for not returning my second call after my moby died...not sure if she'll be able to swing it for me to get the money sooner....didn't you say Mammie Lattie that your son got it faster by calling them...what did he say?

I just don't want to have to file my AQ merely due to them being slow...also I'm right on my limit and I've a DD due out tomorrow...will be charged again!

grrrrrrrrrrrr

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

here's my thread - it's not as long as yours -no one's is as long as yours LOL! it's actually quite short - i never posted until i thought it was over - with the offer - then i start to panic - that's when i first used the forum - read it - it makes me laugh now! not funny ha=ha, just, it seems so long ago - only 2 months!Lateralus vs HSBC **WON**

Still nothing for jim.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Hi Babs,

Apart from a coupel of xmas cards - sigh al else that came was the AQ papers, I've got until 2nd Jan to file, so don't need to go into panic mode just yet - and maybe just MAYBE those foolk at DG will catch up early next week !!!!

My AQ is the 29th deadline....will be phoning tomorrow!

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

yes, you use little phrases like, "i'll be happy to notify the court that i am halting the claim as soon as my money arrives" and "what with the xmas post and all, i don't want to be late sending in my a.q. if i haven't received my money in time" just remember, they've offered, you've accepted , it's just the details now (big detail: money) but personally, i'd ask when you might expect your cheque (or money in your acct - whichever), and give them a chance to get it to you - but if they say a week from tomorrow - remind them of xmas closings, no post, etc and be a little patient - but maybe in a couple of days - depending on what they say tomorrow - really press for it.

Hey Babs hun,

I would be obliged if you could let me know how you get on with the call - I phoned then on Fri and have heard nothing - is it me - I can hadly be blamed for strating to get a COMPLEX - LOL

Maybe it's that ASDA aftershave :o

Maybe it's that ASDA aftershave

Erm.... quite possibly...... ;)