Lowell claim form - old shop direct CAT debt ***Claim Dismissed***

markwales
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Exactly... it'll eat into their profit on the claim and they'll have to work harder to boot. If you do lose you'll be allowed to pay in instalments usually. Just complete their E&I form and offer £25 per month and pay it back over 5 years...just make sure you pay it on time. My wife had a default judgement on a Lowell claim with Shop Direct for a similar amount and after two missed payments the b******s applied for a warrant and sent bailiffs even though she did pay back a chunk of the arrears after receiving the court notice - she was ordered to pay £50 p/m on this one. I just wish I knew then what I know now, but hey ho. I'll try to get my own redemption by helping others to fight them though. :D

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol shamrocker im already understanding how good it is to help others through the same process........... i havent lost yet.......... bring on Tuesday!!! ..... be happy to finalize it as been working on this since March

two days to go and ive have spent too much time with my head spinning over the skeleton argument. realised i have no idea of how court protocol works. does the judge lead the session or is it up to me to make my case first??? HELP!!! for a change. sorry but lost here a min.

In my case it was quite low key and informal - judge gave a brief intro and then invited the claimant to state their case, for which they read through the skeleton. I just had some notes made and went through them when invited. Some discussion took place around some of the individual points and conversation just flowed. The judge more or less acted as a mediator and asked for more clarity on certain things when he felt it warranted. The judge will be aware you are a litigant in person and should be pretty patient and generally helpful.

Need to get those TV Court drama images out of your head Mark...no wigs or gowns and docks:madgrin:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Makes no odds if they are or not...just stand your ground and explain your dispute.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Its not really a matter of making a case...your input will be limited...more a point of pointing out all the claimant flaws.:wink:

:thumb: Then you will do okay

so hoping i can make a donation andy.

having looked back through the whole of my own thread many times plus lots of other peoples.

.... didnt know where this was going to start with, now i know where it is going and can at least, hopefully, show others that they do not need to accept hostility from people who just treat people as numbers on an alleged document...........

Help!!! .......... again.

court day tomorrow and suddenly realised dont know what to wear. formal suit and tie or jeans and shirt or trousers and smart casual.....

random i know but just want to present the impression.

thanks again all of you

Hi Mark... smart dress is usually what's advised. I wore a formal suit with shirt & tie but couldn't help feeling that I had overdone it, simply because you'll see some people in there wearing everyday stuff...but they're in there for all manner of reasons. Wear the suit!

Good luck for tomorrow!

Sham

Thanks Sham. youve carried me along over the last bit of this legal maze..... thinking trousers, shoes, smart casual shirt, no tie and wet weather jacket as it looks like it will be a tad wet tomorrow. cant wear the full suit as dont actually own one! lol

told ya

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Excellent news Mark...delighted for you.

Perhaps you could give us a general synopsis of how events unfolded for the benefit of of other posters.

Well done..thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!! LOL. A massive thanks to all that helped me through this process and kept my head straight when i nearly lost it many times!! awesome!! donation time. love it

Excellent news!! I'm delighted for you and your wife.

When you have time, could you elaborate a bit on how it all went, what was said, who turned up, etc.

Well done again! :D

Sham

Hi five to you all but fair play shamrocker your post 149 was the basis of what i relied on today, split all of the figures in dispute into points and every time the judge asked if there was anything else i wanted brought into consideration, i fired it at him till the list was done. andyorch it was as you said and dx im so glad you told me so! lol

Hi five to you all but fair play shamrocker your post 149 was the basis of what i relied on today, split all of the figures in dispute into points and every time the judge asked if there was anything else i wanted brought into consideration, i fired it at him till the list was done. andyorch it was as you said and dx im so glad you told me so! lol

I'm glad to have been of help Mark. I was merely trying to use the strength of such sketchy and seemingly erroneous evidence to wobble their case. If the judge knocked a few quid off their claim then it would have been a bonus, but ruling in your favour was a brucey bonus! Without doubt, it was a fair outcome when you see the charges and interest applied.

When you find time, there's a few things I'd like you to answer if you would:

1. What did the judge say when summing up and finding in favour of you?

2. Did anyone turn up to represent the other side?

Sham

no one turned up and judge mentioned the fact a number of times during the 30 minute audience. the hearing is still a bit of a blur for me hence me saying i will post full details as best i can soon.Insurance, charges and interest were what did it for def.

will help others soon and donate

hope this pays lowlife back some of your pain shamrocker.