Homeground Management / JB Leitch Solicitors bogus fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

homeground management has very few directors,

one is the hon lord astor, the step father of david camerons wife.

i understand that he is also director of the guersey based company that has bought the freehold.

there are several companies buying the freeholds

and as far as i can see setting up their own ground rent management companies

but with low professionalism and a desire to work with solicitors that are determined to rip you off..

We always paid direct debit or standing order with Trinity (a reputable management company) with no problems at all

- we always pay our bills) then

Taylor Wimpey have sold the freehold to Hon Lord Astor and his mate who operate out of Guernsey.

We were charged for rent we had paid Trinity and fined £45 twice for late payments.

Our payment is up to date yet Homeground now have added £100 and have advised us that the solicitors

are now engaged and they will charge us another £300.

I have paid my bills but have £490 to pay in late payments and solicitors charges.

I want to expose this racket and write to David Cameron

and ask him if he can get his wife's step dad to stop harassing ordinary people.

Please look at other formums as well such as Moneysupermarket where some people are also complaining.

how can I get advice about the £490 charged by Homeground when I have paid my bills.

Admittedly I was a little late with the first payment when they took over but that was because I did not receive their invoice

and never have received an invoice through the post.

Only in Feburary have I seen electronic invoices which they claim they sent me.

The only letters I had from them were not signed, no telephone number, no company address, no company registration number and asking for payment.

I checked with my previous ground rent management company and they told me these people

(directors Lord Astor) have taken over and bought the ground from Taylor Wimpey

and it appears that I have no option no freedom to decide whether to work with them

or the previous company that collected the ground rent which went very smoothly and were professional, unlike this company.

Can you advise if I should pay as I have never owned a penny in my life and I am a pensioner and scared that they will bully me for more money

you don't pay the bogus late payment fees

they are a penalty and are unlawful under various rules and guidelines.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dx.

Not quite correct, extra admin fees MAY be payable if the lease allows, you will need to read the lease carefully but some allow legal/admin/extra costs to be recovered if payment of service charge or ground rent is not paid.

Adding on large extra charges for slightly late ground rent is a common abuse, and I've seen it lots.

To be payable.

1. The Ground Rent must be demanded in accordance with the lease, normally once a year at a certain date.

2. The Ground Rent must be demanded in accordance with S166 of Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 > http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2002/15/section/166

3. If payment is late then the lease may have wording that allows extra fees incurred in chasing these amounts BUT an application can be made to the FTT (Previously LVT) to judicate whether these are reasonable, huge amounmts will almost certainly be reduced/not allowed.

4. If extra admin fees are charged then these must be demanded and accompanied by a valid Admin Charges - Summary of Rights as per here > http://www.lease-advice.org/publications/documents/document.asp?item=89 (Many Freeholders cock this up)

5. If you genuinely did not receive a demand then nothing is payable.

Could you scan your lease and post it up removing any personal details.

Also if the FH is sold, you as a LH are supposed to be given first refusal.