Vodafone default removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I too have been victim of a mistake from vodafone.

I requested cancellation from my account in september 2011 and received confirmation for it. I paid what i thought was my last bill in early october 2011 and moved to a new place with my partner mid october of the same year.

I only found out two months ago that vodafone had logged in a default for 18 pounds!!!! which effectively prevents me from getting a mortgage. I immediately paid the amount without even discussing the why or how and was told the default would be removed from my credit files.

However a few days later i realized it wouldnt be removed and someone else from vodafone confirmed it would indeed remain on the file for 6 years!

I can't describe the state of distress i find myself in as i am unable to go on with my life for something that happened (or did'nt happen) 4 years ago. I can see some people had success using this forum so i hope it works for me too

Have you asked Vodafone for an explanation as to why this is happened?

I suppose that as soon as you cancel, you went ahead and stopped your direct debit. This is extremely dangerous – especially with Vodafone which is a company which seems to mismanage its customers accounts on a grand scale.

What has Vodafone said?

Could you post the confirmation letter that you refer to please.

Well i don't remember ever stopping my direct debit. I canceled my contract mid september 2011 and my following bill was paid by direct debit around the 10th of october. Then as far as i knew, i was done with them and as i said i moved home. I never heard again from them until two months ago...

Vodafone said i owed them 18 pounds which they chased in november of the same year by letter (which i haven't seen) sent to my older address.... they never contacted me by phone or email even though they had this information

In that case, ask Vodafone for an explanation and also ask your bank if the DD is still active and if not, when was it cancelled. If you do internet banking, this info should be available on your account page.

If you are going to do anything by phone, read our customer services guide first