working periods tax credit

29lithy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I claim working tax credits 1 am 64 yrs old and work only 30 hours a week , because I suffer rather badly from DVT's had 3 and the last one was a "Pulmonary Embolism" the PE being 2015 because of which I HAD to have 13 weeks away from work and in complete rest . Not my choice though I was particularily ill , 5 out of 6 people do not survive this illness , so my consultant would not take any chances . I am self-employed and I do have an accountant/book keeper , would the time I had away from work affect my claim . regards 29.

If you're doing self-employed work you'll be able to keep claiming Working Tax Credit for the first 28 weeks you're off work, as long as:

- you were only doing self-employed work in the week immediately before your illness began

- your usual working hours are at least 16, 24 or 30 (depending on your circumstances)

- you worked these hours immediately before going off work

- you receive one of the specific sickness or disability benefits above - or would have, but you don’t qualify because you're self-employed

The specific sickness or disability benefits are:

- Statutory Sick Pay

- Employment and Support Allowance

- National Insurance credits awarded because of incapacity for work, or limited capability for work (how your illness or disability affects the amount and type of work you can do)