New here - question regarding payment

TFD
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just been reading through the forums, and looking forward to trying to claim back the huge amount of money FD took from me over the years.

One query is due to the fact my account is now closed (their request) with roughly £5000 owing, which I am paying off monthly.

If I get a settlement from them, I don't really wish for it to be credited to my account, as if they had played fair, the account would never have been closed.

Am I able to request a payment by cheque? Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Pete

I have been offered a full refund but they want some off it to pay back what I owe..the account is closed, the sum is been reduced monthly via payplan ..I have refused their settlement to do this unless it is refunded in full by cheque outlining the fact that I already have an agreement with them to reduce this debt (which they actually caused) I am waiting for a reply from DG solicitors

I requested LTSB to pay me my court settlement of £3.3k by cheque because I wanted to take a photo of it and frame it.

Meanwhile I owe them £3k (on a, now, closed account), which I am paying back as slowly as possible over the next 10 years.

Unfortunately, LTSB paid the settlement amount straight into my account (surprise, surprise). Not sure if they were legally entitled to do that.

Would like to know.

Lloyds TSB - £3,300.00 + £250.00 from FOS.

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED***

I requested LTSB to pay me my court settlement of £3.3k by cheque because I wanted to take a photo of it and frame it.

Meanwhile I owe them £3k (on a, now, closed account), which I am paying back as slowly as possible over the next 10 years.

Unfortunately, LTSB paid the settlement amount straight into my account (surprise, surprise). Not sure if they were legally entitled to do that.

Would like to know.

So just to make sure I understand, you owed LTSB £3K and they effectively cleared this by making the payment into the account?

Are you leaving it like that or pursuing the cheque?

(Well done on the £3K settlement by the way!)

Pete

Yes, that's exactly what they've done.

No I don't intend to leave it like that because I still want my cheque. I dont know if I can force LTSB to send me one but I'm going to try.

I am writing a letter, right now, to the court to ask the judge if the defendant can do this. If he can, I dont see the point in me filling out the Request for Judgement form and putting "I want a cheque" on it if the defendant can ignore it. This effectively means LTSB get to keep the money by offsetting it against my overdraft, which seems unfair because I had a CCCS debt management arrangement in place to pay it off monthly along with other creditors.

The reason I didn't want the money to be paid into that account is because, by so doing, LTSB will get the lot when I wanted to be fair to my other creditors and pay them all in proportion to what I owe each of them.

Lloyds TSB - £3,300.00 + £250.00 from FOS.

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED***