Streamline - thinking of dumping them due to bad service i'm reading

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new here and registered because I've been umming and ahhing over my Streamline.net service. Last time I read complaints about them the posts were old so I'm upset to see there are still messing customers around.

I signed up with Streamline 6-7 years ago as my dad was with them and liked them(I wonder if he still is!). I've never hosted a website on there and have never noticed any downtime other than the odd routine maintenance but I use the service mainly to host images I post on forums and as an easy way to host/transfer random files so that might be why. Support has been fine when I've needed it.

Recently I've been considering closing the account before my summer 2015 renewal as there are too many horror stories. However:

1) While I don't feel comfortable contributing to a company that so obviously treats customers badly, I've had no problems that would force me to move.

2) I can change to the cheaper Hobbyist package which will cost about £2/month for a 2-year contract. I'm currently on the Home User package(overkill for me) for £3/month. Other companies I've looked at have similar pricing or maybe I'll save about 20-50p/month but maybe I'm missing something.

3) I'm living abroad right now and recently changed my address in the account settings to reflect that. My account was registered to my parents' UK address and I don't want them getting demands and DCA letters even if they're harmless. I'm thinking to just do the 2-year renewal next July and deal with this in 2017 if I'm back in the UK by then.

Or should I just try and leave?

Also, what are they like if you give them plenty of notice to leave? Do they just keep stretching things in the hope you'll reach the renewal date?

Regardless, I will be keeping an eye on how things turn out for you guys and I agree that ignoring the issue won't make it go away. When my time comes I wonder if they will have sorted their act out.

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

I had no problem with streamline.net for a decade, which is why I took out a second domain/hosting account with them.

That turned into a nightmare - when I cancelled the second and transferred it elsewhere just before the year was up,

they claim they can only accept cancellations up to 7 days before termination of the contract,

and can only do it by their ticket system.

Legally I believe you are allowed to cancel by phone and it doesn't have to be a mere 7 days before the contract ends.

It's a system set up by streamline.net in the hope people will forget and will either renew,

or provide them the opportunity to chase them up through a debt collection agency.

Because of what happened they cut off my second domain, which I had for 10 years, and is still paid for, for another year.

In effect the domain has been stolen from me - I can't claim it back.

If you check the domain whois information, they register domains with their own name/address and so you can't even get help from Nominet.

If I were you, I would transfer your domain to a more reputable company,

and use their ticket system to explain you are cancelling (take a screenshot).

Once your intent to cancel is made, they can't deny it.

Also contact your bank and make sure they can't take any further payments from your credit card.