• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Citi Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

It's a while since I posted a thread here.

I'm very happy to say that I've been successful in all my PPI claims so far against Barclays, Marks and Spencer and others.

However, the PPI claim above against Citicard is my last one and has been with the FOS for 2 years!

I had a phone call yesterday from the FOS to say that they could probably not deal with this complaint

because the PPI was added to my card outside of the FOS's jurisdiction ie before 2005.

I am just astounded that Citicard who I believe are part of Citi Bank can get away with this.

It's tantamount to saying that the bank was unregulated before 2005 which is difficult to believe.

No other bank or financial institution I have made a successful complaint against has used this excuse

and I'm rather surprised at the response of the FOS particularly as they've kept me hanging on all this time

and then tell me they can't do anything!

I know that the original card was called The Associates Card,

it then became Citi Card until it was taken over by Opus in 2010.

When I made my complaint to the FOS it was called Progressive Credit Ltd and I believe it's now called New Day Ltd.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Citi Card?

How have you dealt with this and are there other avenues to explore as far as making a claim is concerned?

I would welcome some advice.

Many thanks

Yes took two years of arguments

wrote very strong personal

letter of complaint to Citi Chief Exec demanding that he personally sorted it out.

What were you reasons for the mis-sale? What was your card start date?

You should also note that Associates CRP insurance was underwritten by Cumberland Life

that could by another avenue to explore

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Hi,

Thanks you for this useful information.

May I ask if you were successful in making a claim against Citi and was it in line with what you were expecting?

How long ago was this and

did you go to the FOS before you took this course of action?

I took out my card in 1997 through the post and

the PPI details were sent to me together with the card, as I remember.

The main reason for the mis-sale was that I was working full-time in the public sector at that time

and my employer already provided a comprehensive package of health and redundancy benefits

which meant that I didn't need the PPI insurance.

This was the same basis of complaint which used with my other PPI claims which were all successful.

I did write to Opus about Cumberland Life and

they just told me that the underwriter changed to Metlife in 2005.

Yes my reclaim was sucessful, without ever involving the fos and was paid virtually to the penny

they coughed early this year:-)

went through all the usual nonsense with opus (even though I never had an opus card)

took me 2 years of letter writing ( I was self employed in 2001 at start of card)

and in the end the letter to citi chief exec did the trick.

It may pay to ask the fos if they can help in anyway regarding Cumberland/Met Life

if not compose your letter!!

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

To the oldrouge

The FOS has now come back to me with the information that they cannot help with my old Citi card as I signed the agreement back in1997

and Citi were not then regulated and the FOS have no jurisdiction over them.

I can now go to the Ombudsman but the adjudicator I spoke to thought the chances of success were slim

and couldn't tell me how long it would take.

As I have already waited 2 years for their decision I don't want to wait again this long.

If I write directly to the Chief Executive of Citi, which you advised me to do, wont I need to have all the info about the account to hand?

I have statements going back about 4 years but don't have the original agreement (just the date when the card and PI commenced),

so cannot make an accurate calculation of the sum I'm claiming for.

So where do I go from here?

The adjudicator also confirmed that Cumberland/MetLife were the underwriters for the card

but I've already been down that route and didn't get very far.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sar to citi, before your letter

You need as much info as. Possible

• 2 weeks later...

To the OldRouge

Sent SAR request to data controller at Citi plus postal orders and other relevant details on the 29th September.

I used the signed for postal service and have been checking every day to see if letter was delivered

but so far it has not and there is no signature.

Therefore I have no proof of receipt.

I used the address recommended in Derby DE99 3GG.

Is this just a slip up by Royal Mail or are Citi messing me about?

I have to wait 15 working days before I can have this investigated by RM.

In the meantime do I send off a letter again to Citi with new postal orders

but using a tracked service this time? (signed for is not a tracked service I was told by the post office clerk).

Many thanks.

they have 40 days to supply the info, so plenty of time yet, what you have described often happens with rd when sent to a po box number

If it helps, I had recently done a SAR to Citi and have since sent a FOS PPI questionnaire in, Sept 19th - no response as yet.

The thread is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?433020-Hillards-v-Citi-Cards-(PPI) ;-)

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

A question to Hillards.

To which address did you send your SAR to Citi?

I sent mine to the Data Request Team, Riverside Rd, Pride Park, Derby DE993GG

which was an address given by a previous post.

My first letter sent recorded delivery shows up as having not been delivered,

so sent another yesterday by the Royal Mail track and trace service 1st class but

the message I got today when I checked delivery stated that it was being redirected.

So it looks like I have the wrong address.

Can anyone else tell me if I'm wrong including the person who posted the above address (quite recently Aug/Sep 2014).

Many thanks.

A question to Hillards. To which address did you send your SAR to Citi?

I sent my SAR to

Citi Cards

CitiFinancial Europe PLC

PO Box 49920

London

SE5 7ZF

They sent the data requested so I then sent my FOS questionnaire to the same address, but have heard nothing yet.

• Confused 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the person who deals with letter writing at Citi has been on a long holiday as I've only just had a response to my enquiry as well :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

To the OldRouge

Have today received my SAR from Citi with info about PPI etc.

However, the statements only start in Jan 2000 and I took out the card in Nov 1997.

All the info from 2000 onwards is there.

My question is how do I start calculating the compensation on the PPI ?

I know I have to add up the total of all the monthly payments of PPI made,

but then how do I calculate the refund of interest plus the 8% statutory compensation?

Would be grateful if you could point me to any tables I can use or other info to work out the sums.

Many thanks

Best to read more about what you are claiming, so you can understand what is involved. Here's the CAG site guide: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered

Look at post #10 for the spreadsheet. Enter in the date and amount of all PPI paid, it will give a total and calculate the interest. Read the rest of the topic to find out how to work out the amount of PPI you paid in each monthly payment. Lots of examples to help you :-)

use the average of the ppi payments in the first year that you know (2000) to give you

your best estimate per month of the 3 unknown years

use the foscisheet here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

Hillards and theoldrouge

Many thanks to both of you for the advice.

I've tried to open the FosRunningPPI sheet and the FosCI sheet but they just won't open or be saved. We have Excel 7 on our computer. I'll keep trying but don't know what to do otherwise. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.