Paternity pay and leave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all just want a bit of advice for the minute

ok i started working for an agency last may sub contracted to tesco i told them my wife was pregnant from day 1 after 6 months working with agency tesco took me on on the /02/12/13 so i work direct to them now i told them my wife was pregnant and was due to give birth in june

and arranged Paternity leave it was all booked up when the time come i was then told i do not qualify as ive not worked there long enough even though ive worked in the same place for 12months + . anyways i took 14 days off unpaid leave not Paternity leave. so i lost 2 weeks wages. the question is now u can take normaly Paternity leave up to 1 year after the baby is born .so once i have worked there for the allicated time can i then say i want to take my paid Paternity leave now think ive now been employed directly for 34 weeks any one know where i stand ?

many thanks

I think the difficulty here is that you must be an employee for the entire duration of the pregnancy to qualify, but for the first three months you were an agency worker. Unfortunately therefore they are correct - you aren't entitled to either leave or pay as you've only been an employee since December. And Emmzzi is correct with reference to her calculation, so there's no way to postpone it.