fletcher/hood v a&l

trable
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Right have got prelim letter prepared but confused abouth the interest issue.

I understand the 8% is NOT added until court stage but on my statements after each charge for unauthorised overdraft they have charged varying amounts of interest. Only small amounts totalling £5.67 but the mood i am in i don't want them to get away with a penny of my money.

Sorry mini rant!!!

Do i claim these small amounts in my initial claim?

Tracey

Good luck to all

:x:confused:

You can claim the portion of the interest that relates to the penalty charges. My advanced spreadsheets can help you estimate this figure if you wish to use them. There are other spreadsheets in the bank templates library on this site also. Please have a read around.

You also have a choice of claiming contractual interest instead of statutory interest. See further guidance in my Chambers and do some searching for discussion on this around the site if you are interested.

It's a tricky area so please be careful and make absolutely certain you know what you are claiming and why.

Good luck.

[

Hi,

Got the standard reply back from A & L today sorry you not happy, OFT ionly meant credit cards blah blah blah.

Di I still waith the full 14 days before proceeding with lba or can i go for it now i have had a reply.

Many thanks

Tracey

:confused:

Hi

I really should proof read b4 i hit submit!!

I am very curious why 3 days after Northern Rock lent us £13,500 Natwest declined a step account. Experion cannot find us so struggling to find out about credit rating to see what on earth is going on.

Gonna need a long holiday after all this is over, who fancies the carribean courtesy of the banks!!!

Tracey

:p

Hi there,

Somebody I know who works for natwest told me that Natwest tend to use credit referencing through looking at history with other businesses ie credit cards, banks that they are part of rather than using the usual credit reference agencies. Either that or Northern rock have given you loan but at a higher interest rate classing you as a high risk they're willing to take on.

You could ask Natwest what credit referencing they did and ask to see your file if they did use the process above

Just had a thought! There's somebody who uses this site who works for natwest, funnily enough their username is Natweststaffmember. Try getting their attention and asking if they know how the credit referencing is done

Tracey,

If Nat West don't want your business there are others who do :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

Hi,

Right parchute account up and running with Firstdirect, even got a cheque book (here we go again).

I have received a pretty standard reply to LBA so this evening filed MCOL for £955. Now more scared than ever in my life and that includes jumping out of an plane!!

Hopefully will make for a cheerful January.

Tracey

:eek:

if you can, have a look at my thread...

I wouldn't get through any credit check, but Natwest let me open one of their Step Accounts, to fall back on

good luck x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Hi Freebird,

WOW

Fantastic reading through your thread in tears by the end!!

Many many congratulations. You have truly given me the courage to follow this through to the end.

I hope you daughter is ok and you and yours have a very very good christmas you deserve it.

Bless you

Thanks

Tracey

x

:p

Hi

quick update. Received acknowlegement that service has been filed today. Sensible head reading posts says cheque should be in my grasp in the next few weeks but scared part of brain says you gonna be the one who gets before the judge. Gulp

Yeh everyone feels the same. You will do fine. Thats how i felt, its still in my head after three claims and one on going but it will never happen. Just remember they don't want to have to show how their charges work so will avoid court. Good Luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

A little bit concerned, On reading other threads most people seem to have received comunication from banks and solicitors, all i have received is a form from the courts stating that the claim has been acknowledged is this normal or am i in for an even longer wait.

The form had a copy of their acknowledgement attached giving Ian Brunt as their solicitor

Tracey