virgin media default notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am after some advice please. I have recently received my credit report from experian and there is a default from VM on there from 2010 which I know nothing about.

The amount is only £114, which I don't mind paying if I do owe it, but I don't want a default on my account.

I haven't been in contact with VM yet as I wanted some advise first as what approach I should take.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Thanks Scott, but I don't know what to do for the best.

Should I phone VM and pay the amount and ask them to remove the default?

If I do this does the 6 year time start again?

I haven't had any letters concerning this debt so I didn't know it existed, I dont really want to wait for the default to 'drop' off my file.

Can you please advise what I can or should do to get it removed?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Think you've posted on the wrong thread, I'll move your post and this one onto your thread.

When you say you know nothing about the default, did you have an account with them.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Sorry, yes I had an account years ago but dont ever remember owing them money!

I would of paid if I did? Should I give them a ring and find out what it is for?

Regards

Steve

I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting the default removed if placed correctly, It'll stay on your file for another couple of years paid or not. You could send them a Subject Access Request to get all the account info they hold on you.

Seems strange you've not had any notice of the account being in default, have you moved house or anything whilst you had this.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi all,

I am after some advice please. I have recently received my credit report from experian and there is a default from VM on there from 2010 which I know nothing about.

The amount is only £114, which I don't mind paying if I do owe it, but I don't want a default on my account.

I haven't been in contact with VM yet as I wanted some advise first as what approach I should take.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Did you have an account with VM? If so did you perhaps cancel an account which had a final amount due?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Did you have an account with VM? If so did you perhaps cancel an account which had a final amount due?

Hi I moved house back in 2010 but was unaware there was a final amount to pay? If there was I don't mind paying but want the default removed. Is this possible?

I have held off phoning VM in the hope of someone pointing me in the right direction.

Regards

Steve

Hi I moved house back in 2010 but was unaware there was a final amount to pay? If there was I don't mind paying but want the default removed. Is this possible?

I have held off phoning VM in the hope of someone pointing me in the right direction.

Regards

Steve

The prospect of removal is not good, if an amount was left unpaid it is for the account holder to ensure that the account is properly closed and paid up.

The best you can hope for if this alleged debt has been properly reported is to get it marked "satisfied" but it will remain on file for 6 years from the default date.

You Could attempt an offer to VM of payment in full if they will remove the entry as "a gesture of good will" if you did not receive the final account. This needs to be addressed to a senior manager/director at VM.

There is no guarantee VM will agree.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: