• Tweets

• Items for sale include five rare Ferraris and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers signed by Michael Jordan.View the full article
    • TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Experian credit myths

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Found this today:

http://www.experian.co.uk/experianhome2/?sc=701676&bcd=Top10creditmythsxxxx

Myth 6 states:

Friends and family living in your home affect your credit rating

Unless you share a financial connection with any of them — for example, a joint mortgage — friends and family have no direct impact on your credit rating. Just living with someone doesn't create a financial connection.

I have proof from action taken against me by my water supplier that the above is total tosh. Utility debts can be placed in the name of anyone living in the property despite their name not being registered as the utility account holder. I therefore wonder how much other advice from Experian is total tosh.

Nope. The utility bill cannot be placed like that at all. It should be in the name of the householder only. Not a random person living there. It sounds very much like your utility company has made a huge balls up.

Remember, experian only report the info they are given. They do not check up on it until you file a complaint or a notice of disassociation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

are you living near Liverpool by any chance?

the reason I ask is that a tenant who was responsible for paying their water bill did not pay. neither did they pay me rent, or other bills...

as they did not pay, the water company (united utilities) then sent their bill for about 20 months of water to me. so it does seem that utility companies in an effort to get their money will transfer the debt onto another person.

in regards to the experian advice, i think it is correct. whilst utility companies (in the case of you and myself) place an account debt into someone elses name, this should not have any detriment to your credit score since i believe that credit score is based upon your name and not other people residing at same address.

concerning your utility company placing account in someone elses name, i managed to get them to see sense and take my name out of the debt of the tenant.

hope that helps you.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Nope, the water account was in my wife's name only and she let it run into arrears without my knowledge.

Being unable to recover the debt from my wife, the water company put the account in my name and took me to court.

During this period my wife had a full time job and I was unemployed and receiving no benefit due to my wife working full time. I have been advised elsewhere on this forum that utility debts can be placed in a person's name other than the account holder. Being unemployed with no benefits the water company then placed a charge order on my house.

Why they didn't take my wife to court and issue an attachment to her earnings I will never know.

I asked the water company that question and they replied saying that they were not willing to discuss this with me.

Thanks veganite for your posting. The debt was run up in my wife's name only. However, due to the water company placing the debt in my name, my credit score has been completely destroyed, not my wife's.

Therefore the Experian advice is tosh.

The Experian advice should state "this only applies to debts that come under the Consumer Credit Act".

So they took you to court for a debt that wasnt yours? Did you contest it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks veganite for your posting. The debt was run up in my wife's name only. However, due to the water company placing the debt in my name, my credit score has been completely destroyed, not my wife's.

Therefore the Experian advice is tosh.

The Experian advice should state "this only applies to debts that come under the Consumer Credit Act".

hi,

i understand your reasoning, but i see it slightly different from your understanding.

the experian advice isn't tosh because they state that: "friends and family have no direct impact on your credit rating" which i see to be correct. the only reason why this has had an impact on your credit rating is because the water company then placed your wifes debt account from your wifes name into your own name which then caused your credit rating to suffer.

i do understand what you are saying, but also see it differently - experian advice is right. it is only the water company who has caused you to have an impact in your credit rating since they transferred a debt into your name.

imo, the water company should not have done this.

i could be wrong - but that is the my understanding of it.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

I didn't know I had a ccj until eight months after it was issued. I assume the wife was intercepting and hiding my post to cover up her wrong doings. Four months later my wife disappeared leaving a note saying "Bye....Sorry".

I haven't seen her since. That was 2 years and 8 months ago. The water company now send me threats saying they are going to take further enforcement action to recover the outstanding debt. Having a charge order on my house they are threatening an order for sale. I also have paperwork here from my water supplier that states clearly that I am not allowed to sell my house. Amazing how innocent people get clobbered by the courts and the guilty get off scott free.

Typical British justice I guess.

I would seriously challenge this, as the debt was NOT yours, but the water company decided to make you liable anyway. it has nothing to do with justice or innocence. It has everything to do with a judgement by default and you not challenging it.

im confused about the charging order you have. it is unusual for a charging order to proceed to forced sale of property, more unusual since your water company says that you can not sell your own home yet they are threatening you with this!

i am not sure if you can set aside the ccj or charging order, - hopefully someone will advise you about this.

renegadeimp above seems to know about this since he/she asked if you contested it. hopefully they or someone else can advise you..., i wrongly thought you could simply get the water company to take the debt back from your name, like i did.

sorry i cant be more help

I would seriously challenge this, as the debt was NOT yours, but the water company decided to make you liable anyway. it has nothing to do with justice or innocence. It has everything to do with a judgement by default and you not challenging it.

Realising that my wife had intercepted and hidden my post I couldn't challenge it.

If the incompetent courts had applied the same principle to CCJ's as they do to a Magistrates Court summons the problem would never have happened.

Satautary demands and CCJ court action notices should be sent by recorded delivery that can ONLY be signed by the person to which it applies to.

I therefore blame shoddy legal practices for this miscarriage of justice.

ims, thank you for that link.

chief, sorry, reading the link above shows that most of my thoughts above are wrong. only other input i have is concerning statutory demand, i thought that this had to be served directly in person

ims, thank you for that link.

chief, sorry, reading the link above shows that most of my thoughts above are wrong. only other input i have is concerning statutory demand, i thought that this had to be served directly in person

Hi veganite, no problem you were kindly trying to help me to the best of your knowledge and thank you for doing so.

Sadly county court issues are never sent by recorded delivery so the legal system can continue to make deliberate miscarriages of justice and punish the innocent. 40 years ago my dad said the law is an ass. I think he has been proved right. Alternatively perhaps it's not deliberate but due to incompetence.