CCS & DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

This is just a general question about CCA's. I've noticed that CCA's only really apply to loans etc... (which makes sense), but how come, say in the example of a mobile or utility debt which is sold on to some random third party there's no CCA involved?

My reasoning for wondering this is because:

1) The debt no longer lies with the mobile, phone, utility company

2) You now have a debt, a totally new one which wasn't agreed

Surely that debt is 'credit' and is governed?

Mobile contracts are 'service' contracts where you pay a monthly fee for the facility although O2 are changing this by making the phone part of the contract a credit agreement.

utility companies are also not credit agreements as you are paying for a service used or pre pay for a service

Credit agreements usually have an interest rate attached to them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What I was more interested in was the fact that when a debt is "sold" to another company, it is no longer a "utility" but an outright financial debt. This is the part where I get confused. There's no supporting paperwork behind the debts orange no longer have paperwork (for example) but "MoneyGrabber Limited" says I owe them none with no actual proof.